Thread: Project Zomboid

Default Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid | The Zombie Survival RPG

Anyone ever hear of this? For zombie fanatics, I think you should take a look at it.

The game is, of course, a zombie game. Written in Java code, it's not extremely pretty, but it's incredibly fun.

Basically, you're stuck in a large town, with other survivors (NPC's as of now), and you have to attempt to survive as long as possible. You need to eat, drink, and sleep.

Eventually, the power dies, so fridges can't preserve food, and they go bad. You can't fill up water bottles due to no running water, as that eventually stops, too.

Think of it as that game we've all wanted: a large, open world zombie game based entirely around survival. It's sort of like that, only Indie, written in Java code, and top-down.

Noises attract zombies to your location, where they'll chase you down and attempt to get to you.
    Let's say you fire a shotgun (currently the only firearm available right now), and the horde comes to you. They see you and you proceed to sprint into a nearby home. The horde will surround the house and break down doors and smash in windows to get to you. Now, let's say you ran up to the second floor. There, you find a bed sheet and construct a rope. Using that rope, you climb down to the ground and run in another direction to somewhere else (hopefully) safe.

Real scenario that happened to me. Unfortunately, my leg was bitten and I succumbed to infection.

It's currently in pre-alpha right now, but it seems as though the team is dedicated to updating and patching it.

For $7 right now, I'd say it's a pretty good price for something I've spent hours upon hours upon hours on. I don't regret my purchase one bit; it's the game I've been wanting for years on end.

So, anyways, has anyone else heard of it? If not, I recommend giving it a try. There's a free demo.

Thanks for sharing! I'm a HUGE zombie fan, and hadn't heard about it. I'm downloading it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I'm a HUGE zombie fan, and hadn't heard about it. I'm downloading it now.
    Controls are a bit funky, and getting used to the basic survival concepts may take some time.

But your welcome! I hope you have loads of fun. I can spend hours on that game.

:-(
    I can't get to the actual game on my computer. It keeps locking up in the opening screens. I'll have to move the file to a different computer to try to play. Question: any way to skip some of those opening screens to get to the game faster? LOL...it might be my eagerness to play that's also locking it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    :-(
    I can't get to the actual game on my computer. It keeps locking up in the opening screens. I'll have to move the file to a different computer to try to play. Question: any way to skip some of those opening screens to get to the game faster? LOL...it might be my eagerness to play that's also locking it up...
    Not as far as I know. I haven't played story mode, however. I go to sandbox mode, which is only available with the full version.

I have heard of this game before! From notch actually.
    It looks Very fun and if I ever get some extra cash I would most definitely buy it.
    The whole survival aspect is awesome and it looks like they did a really good job at it.

The creator "Lemmy101" (or something like that) just pumped out two patches in a single day, hours apart. This guy doesn't seem like he'd be like Notch in the slightest; it's as if he actually cares for his game.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    The creator "Lemmy101" (or something like that) just pumped out two patches in a single day, hours apart. This guy doesn't seem like he'd be like Notch in the slightest; it's as if he actually cares for his game.
    What do you mean by that? Why wouldn't notch care about his game?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    What do you mean by that? Why wouldn't notch care about his game?
    Lots of broken promises and junk that Notch never fixed. :P

A new patch is expected within the next week.