Thread: famaly

Unhappy famaly

im having a hard time with my famaly excepting me as i am they even went as far as making fun of me at times i come from a broken famaly as is and i dont want to let go of the famaly i have left does anyone have any idias on how to handle or cope with things when they tease me??????

Quote Originally Posted by babyjewels1122 View Post
    im having a hard time with my famaly excepting me as i am they even went as far as making fun of me at times i come from a broken famaly as is and i dont want to let go of the famaly i have left does anyone have any idias on how to handle or cope with things when they tease me??????
    Just stay true to who you are and don't let their snide comments hurt you. If they make fun of you, maybe laugh along with them if it's a light jest, get them comfortable with the slight mentioning of the fact. If their comments cross the line, then put your foot down and tell them that they're hurting you. Your family doesn't exactly need to know about your AB side, per say; even if they know already, you could just try and drop the subject whenever it comes up, and do what you'd like in private. They'll eventually move on.

Well let's start with the basics

Why are you having difficulty with your family? Is it because you told them about your AB side or is it something else? And with your broken family is it one piece you'd like to solve or are you having problems putting your family back together?
    How do they tease you? We won't judge, but it helps to know what we're dealing with.

Having more details will help us advise you. That said, you are 20 and that puts a different spin on it. Usually, not reacting to bullying helps defuse the situation, and if they are making fun of you, that is bullying. It's sad that adults would do this to a child of theirs, even if said sibling is 20 years old. I think I would say to them, "Are you for real?" I find their behavior stupid, to say the least.

I would ignore them, because they aren't intelligent enough to understand logic, and just leave the room. Do something else to keep yourself occupied, and think about eventually getting a job and moving out. That is your best solution.

When people say stuff about me
    I just laugh a bit (Sometimes I Point Out There Flaws Than I'm Not The Only One Getting Laughed At) say That's nice in a sarcastic tone and keep walking, Don't know if you can do that considering you live with 'em...
    ahhm I don't know, just accept who you are, don't change for them.

I suck with advice...

well they found out about my ab side when i was 16 and have teased me ever since they are broken becouse my mom dosent talk to me since i got out of foster care my brothers and sisters i have no idia where they are becouse there still in foster care soo basicly all thats left of my famaly is my grandparents and my aunt i hope that awnsers your qustions

We'll that's a little awkward, so it's your auntie and grandparents who are teasing you, in a 'normal' family sometimes this happens but because the parents are there to defend their kids it doesn't get this bad. To be honest I think you need to make a stand and say that it's your business not theirs they can keep their noses out and drop it, but you've got to be willing and ready to take measures like moving out if they say no to you, because you shouldn't have to live like that, it's not going to be easy but if they know where you stand they might give you some respect and privacy, while they don't then they're just going to keep it up