Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need tips to relieve O.B. Please

Default Need tips to relieve O.B. Please

This is getting so old, running to the bathroom over and over again which seems every 10 mins or so and not really drinking much either. Its usually around 12-15 times a day and it not only interrupts precious sleep but work and leasuire time is also inturrpted. Usually not a whole lot either was diagnosed with a small blader awhile back and nocturia.

Anyways i wanted to know if anyone who has or had O.B. Had any tips so i can get my life back Been dealing with this for a couple of years now started at 19 but now being 23 i thought i was passed that. Btw only caffine i drink is coffee in the morning and im not giving that up

Try keeping an em

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Try keeping an empty jug at your bedside so you can pee and the roll over and go back to sleep. I also wear diapers to exams.
    Avoid cafiene...

it all depends on how much you have to go each trip to the bathroom. if its a little tiny bit every time you may just need to exercise your bladder a bit to get it in better shape, you can talk to your doc about this and they will recommend different exercises to strengthen the proper muscles. if you are going a lot every time despite not drinking a lot to begin with you may want to visit your doc and have em run some test as your body might be producing too much of one chemical or not enough of another to slow the production of pee especially at night. if you drink a lot of soda especially at night you may want to cut down on that and switch to water to see if that helps.

That's exactly why i stopped drinking soda. No change though, just water. I wonder though my parents have diabetes but i was tested for it 2 months ago (last time i was at docs) everything came out negative.

If you are restricting your salt intake then stop. Some people restrict salt intake in their diets thinking that it is healthy but homo sapien sapien needs salt, all animals need salt. A lack of salt can result in weakness, tiredness and diuretic like effects. A lack of salt can appear like Diabeties, slats are just as important as sugars. Try only using Sea Salt and not ground salt in your cooking because it is easier to digest and use it as often as possible, also next time you see your Medical Doctor ask if your salt levels were tested as part of your bloods.

That is my first thought... I have come across many people who thought that they were either diabetic or anemic and their Medical Doctors though so as well yet the tests came back negative but the tests revieled that they had low levels of salts in the blood. The whole "Eat Less Salt" mantra is reddiculous. Eat more salt of the better quality; even if it isn't salt levels causing you troubles, it should do some good.

Maybe you have a good reason why you haven't done so but if you have a bladder problem and you like diapers, you could improve things by wearing more often - why not take advantage of the practical side of them while looking for a solution to the problem? No need to get out of bed or interrupt what you're doing.

AmbezeSubHealth

I must say I agree with most posters. Get some good diapers. Stretch the bladder. Exercise the sphincter. Don't hold it if you feel discomfort in your kidneys. Don't put your diapers on too tight if your a male.
    Last edited by AmbezeSubHealth; 20-Mar-2012 at 18:13.

Have you seen a urologist and had a thorough medical work up? There are a number of drugs on the market that are supposed to help relieve the symptoms of overactive bladder. They don't work for everybody, but they do work for many people. It's certainly worth giving them a try.

Using diapers is also a good way to manage the situation, but I recommend being somewhat cautious so as to avoid becoming diaper dependent if you can avoid it. Wearing a diaper at night so that you are able to get a good night's sleep seems like a sensible thing to do, and wearing a diaper in situations where you know that you won't have ready access to a bathroom will certainly give you peace of mind. But I don't recommend going 24/7 if you can avoid it. As someone who has had to wear 24/7 for many years, I can attest that it is a major nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Inconinmiss View Post
    Have you seen a urologist and had a thorough medical work up? There are a number of drugs on the market that are supposed to help relieve the symptoms of overactive bladder. They don't work for everybody, but they do work for many people. It's certainly worth giving them a try.

Using diapers is also a good way to manage the situation, but I recommend being somewhat cautious so as to avoid becoming diaper dependent if you can avoid it. Wearing a diaper at night so that you are able to get a good night's sleep seems like a sensible thing to do, and wearing a diaper in situations where you know that you won't have ready access to a bathroom will certainly give you peace of mind. But I don't recommend going 24/7 if you can avoid it. As someone who has had to wear 24/7 for many years, I can attest that it is a major nuisance.
    No i haven't seen a urologist to be honest. Kinda embarrased actually and haven't told anyone about it either. Hard around loved ones at times also. liking diapers is one thing but your minds in overdrive when you need to plan out your whole day to make sure your near a restroom is tiring. I dont want to resort to them if i don't need to. At night and certain situations like you said seem like a good idea, havent tried that yet to be honest.

Would be nice to get something to reduce the amount of trips though.

Quote Originally Posted by nj78 View Post
    Maybe you have a good reason why you haven't done so but if you have a bladder problem and you like diapers, you could improve things by wearing more often - why not take advantage of the practical side of them while looking for a solution to the problem? No need to get out of bed or interrupt what you're doing.
    To be honest i haven't tried doing that would make life a little easier but check out my response above also.
    Last edited by ScoobyDooKiddo; 20-Mar-2012 at 02:25. Reason: Forgot to add something

People always say "there is no reason to be embarrassed" but that does not stop the acute self-conciousness setting in. If you have self diagnosed "Over active bladder" you are probably right but you do need to see a doctor because a. There are lots of things that work for a lot of people and you could be lucky and get a very effective cure at the first attempt - but sometimes it takes a few tries to determine what will work best for you and for some of us there does not seem to be a simple cure.

Protection can be useful but don't just assume diapers are the only thing to try. A lot depends on how much you void - if it is "easily containable" the kinds of pads for females and guards for men are worth a go - not to act as a portable toilet but to give confidence in case you don't reach a bathroom in time and go in your clothes. There are lots of products that are less cumbersome than a diaper and allow you to use a urinal/toilet in the normal way. The next stage are pull up pants and somewhere along the continuum there will be something you can be comfortable with.

If you make sure you don't use day time protection as an "easy way out" but only as a means of saving embarrassment if you simply can't hold it then you are acting sensible and your self esteem should take a boost, not a hit. For night-times you have to consider the need to have as much uninterrupted rest as possible and establish a routine that helps you achieve this - If you use a container you might like to think about a disposable bed pad in case of spillages or mis-timings - not a diaper but it's far easier to scrunch up and throw away one of these than deal with wet sheets.