Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Plastic Disposables Diapers Doomed?

funseeker

Default Are Plastic Disposables Diapers Doomed?

It is difficult to find true plastic backed diapers at most retail stores. The diaper manufactures seem to be switching over to all cloth backings. Walgreen's drug store is in a final closing out of all the plastic 6 tab Depends Maxi. These diapers are also hard to find at any Walmart. Many argue we have to recycle everything in plastic. They are trying to save the planet. The choice and debate of disposable diapers and cloth has been more popular than ever. With the price of oil at an all time high plastic backed diapers have certainly become more expensive. AB Universe increased the cost of one of my favorite diapers Tranquility ATN more than $20.00 a case. A plastic backed diaper to me is the true feel of a real diaper. Are plastic diapers doomed?

Let me know when Dry 24/7 switches to all cloth, that's when we know the end is near.

I suspect that, yes, at some point adult diapers will follow baby diapers into the realm of faux-cloth backing. It seems that a big push by diaper companies as well as market forces are conspiring to make it so.

God I hope not. I love my plastic backed diapers it brings me back to my childhood and I love the crinkly noise they make.

Either way it doesn't bother me, I like to have the choice, but at the same time a diaper is a diaper and its not like its going to loose any absorbancy.

I think I'd rather the cloth backed ones for 2 reasons first is the tabs, cloth backed means Velcro not glue tabs, making them resealable and thus getting more fun out of them, and second I didn't really have crinkly diapers as far as I can remember so less crinkly would feel more baby, not to mention cloth diapers can be decorated easily with washable flt tip pens rather than messy permanent markers that could damage the plastic.

TheSpecterPrincess

Quote Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
    Walgreen's drug store is in a final closing out of all the plastic 6 tab Depends Maxi. These diapers are also hard to find at any Walmart.
    Fuck ! fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck....

Thats sucks so much. I noticed they had a big sale on them at my local Walgreens, but because I currently have diapers already I didn't look that far into it. I agree though, the fight for green peace will probably cause our lovable plastic backed diapers to take a rout similar to the dinosaurs. I'm 100% for a cleaner, better world. But this extremely bums me out. I need to save up a decent bit of money and buy a few packs of Depends plastic backed before they're GONE :,[

All I can say is they better make some damn good cloth covered diapers in the future or I'll be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpecterPrincess View Post
    Fuck ! fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck....

Thats sucks so much. I noticed they had a big sale on them at my local Walgreens, but because I currently have diapers already I didn't look that far into it. I agree though, the fight for green peace will probably cause our lovable plastic backed diapers to take a rout similar to the dinosaurs. I'm 100% for a cleaner, better world. But this extremely bums me out. I need to save up a decent bit of money and buy a few packs of Depends plastic backed before they're GONE :,[

All I can say is they better make some damn good cloth covered diapers in the future or I'll be pissed.
    I highly doubt it's an environmental decision, given that the woven cloth-like backing is still made from *dun dun dun* plastic. What I suspect it is is a marketing decision. These diaper companies got it in their heads that the legitimate IC market wants quiet breathable diapers that weep and leak, and so that's what they keep making. Since it's hard to find plastic-backed diapers these days, it's hard to buy them, which means the market share continues to erode, which completely supports the original hypothesis that plastic-backed diapers are no longer a viable market.

It's the same reason manual transmission cars are so hard to find in the United States.

AmbezeSubHealth

The ABDL market well preserve plastic backed for quit some time.