Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *B changing pad

Default *B changing pad

I just received one that I had custom made and I love it
    It really makes me regress when I use it
    Does anyone else have one? Does it do the same to you?

lol, I just lie on top of a plastic bag :3 I'd love a real changing pad, though. I've thought about making one, since you can get vinyl by the sheet in most craft and fabric stores, but I wouldn't know how to put it all together. I mean, you can't just stuff it with batting and stitch it like you would a quilt, right? That would just pierce the material and defeat the purpose. How is yours constructed?

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    lol, I just lie on top of a plastic bag :3 I'd love a real changing pad, though. I've thought about making one, since you can get vinyl by the sheet in most craft and fabric stores, but I wouldn't know how to put it all together. I mean, you can't just stuff it with batting and stitch it like you would a quilt, right? That would just pierce the material and defeat the purpose. How is yours constructed?
    If you have minor skills with a sewing machine (could do it by hand, but it'd take quite a long time), it's pretty easy to put one together. I don't use batting, just one layer of waterproof material and one layer of lightly absorbent material--terry, velour, thicker cotton. I only stitch around the edges so there's no chance of holes in the middle of the pad.

I would recommend PUL instead of vinyl. It's longer lasting and you can put it in the washer/dryer. Also, the holes created by sewing apparently can be sealed again by sticking PUL in a hot dryer for around 15 minutes or so. Just going by what I was told by a maker of PUL diapers. Jo-Ann Fabrics stocks PUL, but I'm not sure if it is the greatest quality. If you can buy it online, try for 2mil PUL; it's thicker and durable.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Actually that is how mine was made. It's foam which is in inside a Vinyl outer covering just like how baby changing pads are made. There's 4 sections that are stitched so it can be folded up. It's then covered by a blue gingham flannel fabric that snaps on.
    It really wasn't that expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    Also, the holes created by sewing apparently can be sealed again by sticking PUL in a hot dryer for around 15 minutes or so. Just going by what I was told by a maker of PUL diapers.
    Whoa! I would have never thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

I do not have one but I am somewhat interested in getting one now.

I check it out but $89 is a lot for it's what something like it's not hard to make and would be cheaper to buy sew everything yourself at a much lower price . You can get everything you need at walmart super center or fabric store to do this what would think most cost you maybe a little over $30 to do it.

I don't have one, but I think it would be a nice thing to have. I usually just change on the bed with a towel or a bed pad.

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    I check it out but $89 is a lot for it's what something like it's not hard to make and would be cheaper to buy sew everything yourself at a much lower price . You can get everything you need at walmart super center or fabric store to do this what would think most cost you maybe a little over $30 to do it.
    Oh I agree if you are so inclined. Unfortunately, I do not know how to sew nor do I have the time. My wife certainly could make something like this but lately she does not have the time either but if you have the skills and the equipment to do it then I would think it would be fairly easy to make

Fuubuu sells a winnie the pooh one I just bought of they are 16.99+10 for shipping for a total of 26.99 usd fo a nice change pad.