Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunger games- could you make it?

Default Hunger games- could you make it?

ok, my new obession is the hunger games. I have recently finished the first book and am eagerly awaiting the movie. I was just wondering do you think you could survive the hunger games? I honsetly know that I couldnt! I am too small and weak...plus I couldnt last long without food What do you think? why or why not for you?

If you mean being an hour late for lunch, then yeah, probably. But if you mean the survival hunt and everything, not so much.

Techead

I think i have a 50/50 shot at it. Not very musclar but very good at suriving and weapons. And a bunch of little hidden talents.

I have read all three. Liked it but I would never have made it
    first off I'm too old
    Second bad heart
    Third I'm IC

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

I have read all three. Liked it but I would never have made it
    first off I'm too old
    Second bad heart
    Third I'm IC

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

I have read all three books and enjoyed them.
    When I was your age I to was invincible.
    My first five min in combat convinced me otherwise.
    Now I'm too old.

EmeraldsAndLime

Just read the plot on Wikipedia. Now I don't have to read the book or see the movie!

Also, the whole thing sounds like Battle Royale. Not even original!

teddybear206

honestly id just go crazy without food

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldsAndLime View Post
    Also, the whole thing sounds like Battle Royale. Not even original!
    Ya, its pretty much a Hollywood version of Battle Royal. I personally think it will make a good movie (beside, the trailer was pretty decent) but it won't score all that many points for originality.

That being said, if I was force to fight to the death on national TV I think I would simply commit suicide in protest.

Sent from my iPhone

Blaze

I really don't think that I'd have the heart to kill anyone, though I'd be able to hide pretty effectively.

Highly, highly unlikely I'd be crowned the ''winner'', but I'd like to think I wouldn't be bumped off in the beginning skirmish to snag a decent weapon. I have nonexistant survival skills so I'd sooner drop from dehydration/hunger or by a booby-trap rather being killed by another tribute (assuming the arena environment has plenty means of cover to steer clear of confrontation).

I'd probably make it to the middle of thing and then die in some incredibly stupid way, I'm not strong in anyway but have decent survival skills and am quite good at hiding from others so could wait it out for a bit but I'm definitely not going to win.