Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pedia-Lax?

Darkfinn

Default Pedia-Lax?

Speaking of childrens' medicine... we recieved some free samples of Pedia-Lax the other day... apparently it is a watermelon flavored chewable laxative tablet for kids. As the packaging says "When you don't know what to do, Pedia-Lax will help your kids poo." which is very disturbing.

Now I haven't worked up the nerve yet to actually pop one of these little things and see what happens. The dosage is supposed to be designed especially for kids so I don't imagine it would be that bad on an adult. Though it promises results in "30 minutes to 6 hours" so I guess I'll wait for a day when I don't have anything planned.

Anyone else see this stuff?

weswissa

No, but if I do, I'll try it.

I love that catchphrase...It reminds me of some juice commercial on Family Guy "Drink it then convert it to pee"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    As the packaging says "When you don't know what to do, Pedia-Lax will help your kids poo."

Though it promises results in "30 minutes to 6 hours"...
    I'm sorry, I had to laugh at that little rhyme. Surprising they'd come up with something like that right on the package. I can just picture a TV ad with the announcer repeating it.

One half to six hours is pretty fast acting IMO! I don't remember Fletcher's Castoria working on me anywhere near that quickly.

~Pramrider

I wouldn't take a laxative unless I needed it for medical reasons. Full stop.

I doubt if a laxitve made for a child would do much for an adult, as I think the resident laxitive junkie who used to be me would say.

I don't think there is a laxitive on the market I haven't tried, other than the newer ones on the market now, other than Mirolax which I had to use for a colonoscopy.

If your insides are working fine don't screw with it, but if you do or did have problems like I did thruout my life, try anything before you use laxitives, they are very addicting and once your system gets used to working with a laxitve it dosn't want to work any other way.

Darkfinn

Hehehe... it's not like I plan on eating them like candy... I'm not even that interested in forced messing at all. I just thought I might pop one or two... just to see what happens. After all... if it's formulated for kids I can't imagine just the reccomended dosage being that dangerous for an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Hehehe... it's not like I plan on eating them like candy... I'm not even that interested in forced messing at all. I just thought I might pop one or two... just to see what happens. After all... if it's formulated for kids I can't imagine just the reccomended dosage being that dangerous for an adult.

Famous last words....

Just kidding :P

You might get a little gas from something as mild as a baby laxitive, they used to use baby laxitives to cut drugs along time ago, and you would get the feeling you needed to poop but nothing would actuly happen.

Yes the fabulous 70's

While I was in Target, I saw an enema that was for kids aged 2-12 years!! And sitting right next to it, the stuff Darkfinn is talking about!!