Thread: Ghost Documentaries before bed time.

Default Ghost Documentaries before bed time.

Hello all.

I would just love to tell you that last night I was watching some good Ghost Documentaries but they were also very scary.

Don't watch them before bed time or otherwise you will have nightmares.

All the best!
    -Alex

A valid warning. Generally ghost stories don't bother me but if I watch them right before bed I get little to no sleep.

Generally simple ghost stories don't bother me but the shows that talk about demons and Satan Now, those scare me.

Cherub

Ghost stories and even ghost documentaries don't bother me because I do not believe in ghosts (ghosts as is the remaining souls of dead people). I believe that once you die, your soul is at rest till judgement day.
    The way I believe: your soul is what makes you, unique. Your soul is your personality, your thoughts, your reasoning and such. Your spirit (comes from God and is what animates your body, gives it life) after you die, the spirit goes back to God and it is your soul that gets judged. Like I said, that is a basic description of my belief.
    So I do believe in spirits such as demons and angels and God; but not in ghosts as in the wondering souls of dead people.

I love anything scary/paranormal/ghosty whether it's factual or not before bedtime. I love being scared. Ever read the Fortean Times? I love it, it's awesome.

There are so many photographs of ghosts that it's unreal. dlCherub makes a good point, and that is, we don't really know what a ghost is. Is it the departed soul of a past life, or is it a residual electrical charge of who a person once was? Is it from another place, or demonic? I suspect there may be a number of different kinds of ghosts. The one that visited me when my college roommate and I were playing with a Ouija board seemed demonic, even though it's form took the image of a person.

I've seen pictures of a ghost, dressed in the garb of a Renaissance guard outside Buckingham Palace. In some houses, spirits seem to be interactive, as if they are continuing their life, making new decisions and actions. Who knows? I would like to think that we pass on to our next destination, and there seems to be evidence of that as well. Perhaps it's like some say, that some get lost on their way.

Once when I was 4-5 I saw a full on apparition who was wearing overalls appearing in my bedroom door and walk toward my bed. I of course covered my face and when I looked again it was gone. After I grew up I began to see animal figures. Mostly cats but dogs as well. The thing is I never know if what I'm seeing is real or just a trick of light and shadow and my brain falsely interpreting the image. Although after one of my cats had passed away from cancer both my wife and I saw him afterwards. Then there was time we were looking at houses and when I went into the basement/crawlspace to check for signs of water. (The house was next to a river) and as soon as I climbed down the stairs I was met by an apparition of an old man. It was enough for me to take notice and leave.. As soon as I went outside and met my wife she could see that I was as white as a ghost (pardon the pun) and immediately asked me if I had seen the old man as well. Needless to say I was a bit shaken by that.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Ghost stories and even ghost documentaries don't bother me because I do not believe in ghosts (ghosts as is the remaining souls of dead people). I believe that once you die, your soul is at rest till judgement day.
    The way I believe: your soul is what makes you, unique. Your soul is your personality, your thoughts, your reasoning and such. Your spirit (comes from God and is what animates your body, gives it life) after you die, the spirit goes back to God and it is your soul that gets judged. Like I said, that is a basic description of my belief.
    So I do believe in spirits such as demons and angels and God; but not in ghosts as in the wondering souls of dead people.
    That is what I believe....I dont think that 'ghosts' exisist, but what we see on earth that people view as ghosts is really demons/ evil spirts. So if I do watch something that is about ghosts I do get scard because evil sprits are very real and cause damage. I once watched Paranormal Activity before bed. I scoffed at it at first....then I realized that the whole thing was the girl basically getting taken over by demons....then I lost some sleep!

The other night I watched the first Spirit World ( Spirit World - Chris Everard - Pt 1 of 12 - YouTube ) and the when i went to sleep I had no problems, but then when I woke up in the morning I did what I sometimes do... I fell asleep again. I had the most awfull bad dream.

I was stood next to a US Marine, I looked at him and he was staring past me so I followed his gaze. I saw that there was a large millitary truck that had crashed and the driver's door had been riped off. We walked towards it and saw that there was a chinese man inside who looked dead. I recall fealing absolute hatred for the chinese man and told the US Marine to teach him a lesson in death so the US Marine attached his bayonet to his rifle and started disfiguring the chinese man's face. This went on for several minutes and I felt both hatred towards the chinese man but also very repulsed by what was happening because this would be totaly out of character for me. Then I noticed that the chinese man was not dead and that the US Marine was actually mutilating a live man. I then and only then noticed that the chinese man's skin was not his, and that it was somebody else's skin... he was wearing a dead body like off the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I then recall telling the US Marine to cause the chinese man "Unholy pain" and the marine continued to bayonet the chinese man's face. Then I woke up. I can tell you that this bad dream made me feel sick because it was incredibly vivid. I have just been watching Spirit World 2 - Alien Kaballah ( Spirit World 2 - part1 - YouTube ) and I have not gone to sleep tonight. This one discusses how secret societies are actually conjuring evil spirits not of daemons but of extra terrestrials. I am not going to sleep...

But on the topic of paranormal, I would post at some time my paranormal experiences, however I would wish to know if there were a more appropriet thread to do this on ADISC?

Pretty good posts from you guys. And I still am jittery from it all. I was unwise to watch such things before bed and late at night. I have been watching Ancient Aliens and that is a very good series how ever I am deciding to give it a break.

How ever if you wish to watch some of that here is the first episode of it.
    Ancient Aircraft & Spaceship Evidence - YouTube

Enjoy

All the best!
    -Alex