Thread: Diaper size problems

Default Diaper size problems

Hi, I'm having issues with finding a good fit for diapers, Medium seems to be a bit too small and Large is a bit too big, neither size fits properly when using the landing strips, so I've resorted to simply getting it as tight as possible, but both still leak a bit, especially when moving around. The larges are also a bit in the conspicuous side and aren't particularly discreet, they reach much further up the waistline than either my underwear or pants can reach. My waist size is around 90-95cm if I'm measuring the right spot.

Anyone else have this kind of problem or am I simply not putting them on right? =/

Ah yes... the in between. Ever since I moved up to adult diapers, I've had this problem. I'm too big for small and too small for medium. I often lean towards small so long as it doesn't fit too tight of feels like it's restricting blood. I would also recommend trying different brands if you haven't already. Some just have a different fit than others.

Go with the larger size and use a doubler inside

Quote Originally Posted by Felixwolf View Post
    Hi, I'm having issues with finding a good fit for diapers, Medium seems to be a bit too small and Large is a bit too big, neither size fits properly when using the landing strips, so I've resorted to simply getting it as tight as possible, but both still leak a bit, especially when moving around. The larges are also a bit in the conspicuous side and aren't particularly discreet, they reach much further up the waistline than either my underwear or pants can reach. My waist size is around 90-95cm if I'm measuring the right spot.

Anyone else have this kind of problem or am I simply not putting them on right? =/
    Hi Felixwolf.
    We do all have different shapes, sizes and curves, so indeed a common problem. When measuring up for adult diapers, I do believe you should measure the widest point, which will always be the hip measurement, rather than the waist measurement. My waist reading is about 90cm. Hip 100cm. Mediums do tend to work in most brands for me, although some are more comfy and of a better cut for my body. Fit-wise, for my shape, the Tena Slip product is without a doubt supreme. "Everybody's favourite" here (except me it seems), the Abena X-PLUS, or (S4/M4/L4 etc as now called) fits me, but is no where near as nice a fit. More boxy in shape. The Tena Slip Maxi stretches with the body more. Therefore my preferred option.
    I would also suggest trying a few products. Looking at your measurements, I really think you are a Medium. Perhaps check out the threads on here about taping them on properly. You might just be needing a little bit more practice there!
    Good luck!
    andrew

I have a simmilar issue felixwolf whereby i am a medium in the waist but need a large for the length . I only started wearing a large because i was getting few leaks and my muum said they didnt fit that well on me. The only trouble I have is the waist looks ridiculous as iam virtually over lapping the tapes

Yah this is a definite problem -- and a common one at that. I have a generally medium-size waist, but these big Irish thighs that ruin the fit of medium diapers. I've resigned myself to going with larges, pretty much across the board. If you get a discrete large size and wear, say, boxer-briefs over them when you're going out, you shouldn't have any problems being conspicuous. You may have to sacrifice other important characteristics of your chosen brand (absorbency, crinkle factor, price) in order to find a brand that fits.

Thanks for all the responses! I'll be looking into each of them carefully. The measurements I made were for my waist rather than my hips, and Im currently using Tena Slip Maxi's and Tena Slip Plus', but I may just be taping them incorrectly. ^_^

I have the same issue her in the US and image attends and tena have same sizes over there we have a size called regular it is the lenth of a medium and width of a large diaper it is the inbetween diaper I being I/C use Tena reorder code is 67201 and Attends is BRB-25 hope it helps

I have the same problem. i'm a tween guy myself. However some diaper companies have different size ranges. Dry24/7 for example...their mediums are bigger than a lot of brands out there. Same goes for Attends. Remember to use the X taping method for getting a better fit. Taping it straight doesn't work all that well. You should look in our articles for better diapering procedures to have a better fit.

like MeTal says, the different brands don't size the same. A large bambino is between a medium and a large abena for example. If you're not too picky about brand, it's not hard to find a better fit, just get some samples or small packs of different sizes and brands.

Don't be afraid to tape outside the strips or trim things down a tad bit. Abena L4 are a little bit too big for me, but I find I get an acceptable fit by cutting the front 1" off the end of the diaper and taping the lower tapes downward a bit, and not trying to pull the diaper all the way up before taping the top. So the top taped area is lower than it could be, and that makes the diaper bulge a bit in the front, but I find that's kinda nice in its own way, instead of a tight fit across the front, it's quite "roomy" and that's a different kind of comfortable. As long as you keep the lower tapes taped around your LEGS (and not insist on bringing the tapes together in the middle) you won't leak.