Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heteroflexible?

Default Heteroflexible?

So, i am rather new to the site and i wanted to point out that when i created my profile, i set my sexual orientation option to "other"
    I did this because i consider myself heteroflexible. I'm sure many of you have not heard or are familiar with this term but i firmly believe this is a real thing. there are articles online about this, and basically what it means is:

Heteroflexible: predominantly heterosexual but not opposed to experimenting with the same sex.

it has a wikipedia page, ample urban dictionary posts, but i just wanted to expose this new identity to many others. Please write comments and tell us what you think!

perhaps maybe some of you in this very community are "heteroflexible" like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miracole View Post

Heteroflexible: predominantly heterosexual but not opposed to experimenting with the same sex.
    To me, that would be a sub-category of bisexual, depending on how serious you are about your same sex relationships: most Bi people* regard their attractions to men and women equally seriously, but they may have a preference for one or the other.

If by Heteroflexible you mean: only has serious relationships with women, but likes to couple with men on purely casual basis (or vice versa) then yeah, useful to have a label just so people know what you're looking for.

I just wouldn't want to see people running away from the Bi label 'cause of stigma.

*based on the research I've read on Bi populations - a notoriously under-researched group - plus my own experience.

I think the reason why people are running from the bisexual label is because you have a combination of college gay/lesbian, plus the 'gay when i'm drunk' crowd mixed in with them, so it seems a bit disingenuous. I call myself bisexual even though I'm 70/30 hetero.

You can just mark yourself as straight and bi, then. Being heterosexual just sounds like a variation on bisexuality, tbh. Or, at the very least, its an example that one's sexuality isn't just black, white or a perfect shade of grey.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    I think the reason why people are running from the bisexual label is because you have a combination of college gay/lesbian, plus the 'gay when i'm drunk' crowd mixed in with them, so it seems a bit disingenuous...
    Those sound like the people "heterofelxible" was invented for..

I remember reading about it but I thought it was just Bi-curious. Makes sense though cuz the opposite is Homoflexible.
    Plus there's the whole Kinsey scale thing.

I put my self in the same category, I ticked strait and other, oddly I think I would be willing to have a long term nonsexual relationship long term with a guy, but I'd far rather have a sexual relationship with a girl

Quote Originally Posted by MCsquared View Post
    I put my self in the same category, I ticked strait and other, oddly I think I would be willing to have a long term nonsexual relationship long term with a guy, but I'd far rather have a sexual relationship with a girl
    Isn't heteroflexible the opposite of that? i.e. the person is willing to have a short-term, sexual relationship with a guy, but nothing more?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaraRiddle View Post
    Those sound like the people "heterofelxible" was invented for..
    The term for those people is barsexual, people who only like the same sex when drunk or to get attention from people at a bar/club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Isn't heteroflexible the opposite of that? i.e. the person is willing to have a short-term, sexual relationship with a guy, but nothing more?
    I meant long term with both rather than short term with a girl.... the reason I call myself heteroflexible is the lack of sex with the dude, if I was capable of that or happy thinking about doing that I'd be bi