Thread: Need insight on these brands

Millenniumfalsehood

Default Need insight on these brands

Since I live in my parents' house(and thus have no control over the mail) and I have no credit cards or Paypal accounts, I am forced to abstain from purchasing diapers over the internet for the time being. Hence, I need some help deciding which ones to get in the stores I have access to.

Here are the brands I've found that will fit me, that I can remember off-hand:

Tranquility overnight
    Depend
    Assurance
    Walgreens' brand

I've tried Assurance, and I dislike it(though I do like the price), so out of the three remaining, which has the best overall characteristics?

Darkfinn

If you can get over the cloth backing... Walgreens brand isn't bad at all. They hold more than Depends.

If you can find Tranquility in a store definately buy them... but I've never seen them stocked anywhere around me.

I'd definatly go with the tranquility, though I know they can be difficult to find. Other than that personally I think it would be a toss up between walgreens and the depends. Both of those are a bit better than the assurance brand, but not by a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    I'd definatly go with the tranquility, though I know they can be difficult to find. Other than that personally I think it would be a toss up between walgreens and the depends. Both of those are a bit better than the assurance brand, but not by a whole lot.
    Yeah a lot of people say the walgreens are good for the price...too bad I live in Canada . Hehe, maybe when I get my passport I'll be going over to the states on a trip and I'll pick some up. But ya, the best bet is tranquility if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
    Since I live in my parents' house(and thus have no control over the mail) and I have no credit cards or Paypal accounts, I am forced to abstain from purchasing diapers over the internet for the time being.
    This you can work around by yourself though.

1- Anyone can set up a Paypal account. I never used a credit card online before I turned 18 and I've been buying online since I was 13 or 14, and I lived with my mom until I was 16.
    2-You can usually send a money order to most companies.
    3-If you want them badly enough, you can open a cheap Post office box, or better yet, a UPS store box like I did. (it's like $30-$40 tax included for 3 months). They hold your stuff until you get there.
    4-If the shipper is sending by UPS (ask them first, and if they give you a tracking number, even better) then you can call up UPS and have them drop it at the closest UPS to your house. Just tell them there will be noone home to pick it up, and they'll drop it off there. The downside is, they only hold it there for 3-7 days, and it only works with UPS.

Millenniumfalsehood

Okay, so far Tranquility seems to be the way to go. I guess I'll pick them up on the way to the hardware store.

The assurance are OK but they need a stuffer, without some sort of a stuffer they are almost useless.

I do wear them everyday and I do like them, as long as I have my stuffers in thre fine.

Millenniumfalsehood

The reason I don't want them is that they are paper thin and don't hold as much as I want.

The cloth backing I wouldn't have a problem with in the Walgreens diapers, but if you guys think Tranquility is superior, I'll go with that.

They should be better than any of the others listed. Anyhow, I want you to try them, to see if you like them. The UPS idea is the way to go, tell us how it goes, as ATN's at least to me, don't seem to be shipped by UPS.

Go for the ATN'S all the way. In my opinion, they are one of the best diapers out there for the money. You won't be dissapointed.

i would deffinatly say tranquility is the best but after that wallgreens then the (no clue name) then depend if your desperate. at least the fastenable ones with the velcro tabs