Thread: Complete newbie here

Default Complete newbie here

HI everybody!

I'm pretty much completely new to diapers and the like. A few years ago I did try wearing one with a guy I was seeing who's at the very least a DL. But he ended up dumping me in a cruel way and I instantly distanced myself from the whole experience. Long before I met him, I was still enjoying sleeping with plushies sometimes. A few days ago I began thinking about about it and came to the conclusion that I wanted to venture into trying diaper wearing. Last night I ordered some L/XL Goodnites online and will be getting them in a few days. Being an experimental thing at this point, I don't identify as a DL quite yet. And for me, it will be just for wearing.. not for using so I won't ever identify as AB for sure. Maybe an AK.

Currently I'm trying to sell my house so I can move into my small motorhome full time so I can travel around and see the country. Failing being able to sell it in the next 6 months to 1 year, I will probably let it go back and file bankruptcy to be free and clear from it. I'm on disability for high functioning autism so I have all the time in the world pretty much. I figure why not travel some while I'm still young enough to do so? I love all kinds of music anywhere from the 1920's to today, plus some classical. I'm good at computers but I also like to do mechanics type of stuff (cars, small engines, etc) and am decent at doing that too. I spend quite a bit of time online.. probably more than I should for my own good.

I joined up figuring there might be a few other people like me here who may be AK/DL but not AB. So here I am!

Well technically being DL includes enjoying using them, and AB is just enjoying the comfort and the symbolism behind it But whatever floats your boat is fine Welcome and don't forget to check out the rules!

Also do you play any old music? Ragtime is my favorite to play on piano

Quote Originally Posted by dprdude92 View Post
    Well technically being DL includes enjoying using them, and AB is just enjoying the comfort and the symbolism behind it But whatever floats your boat is fine Welcome and don't forget to check out the rules!

Also do you play any old music? Ragtime is my favorite to play on piano
    Ahhh... I see. I was just guessing on the terms. I just had it backwards. But I won't be AB per say.. in the sense of regression per say.. I don't want changing by anyone, crawling around on the floor.. or whatever.

No... I don't play any instruments but I do like ragtime as well. Sometimes wish I could but I have poor hand-eye coordination somewhat and lack the patience to really try to learn anything.

And yep.. I read the rules thoroghly before I posted.

BLMProductions

Well, i hope you find your true identity whether it be DL or AB. either way we here at ADISC will all support you regardless of your decision because thats just what all of these wonderful people here do welcome!

Is there a list of terms and definitions someplace for us noobs?

EDIT: I found the info section here on the site and this is what it says:

What is a DL?
    The abbreviation DL comes from the term ‘Diaper Lover.’ A diaper lover is generally described as a person who enjoys wearing diapers for sexual gratification.

What is an AB?
    The abbreviation AB comes from the term ‘Adult Baby.’ You might also see the abbreviation TB, which stands for ‘Teen Baby.’ You may also see the term ‘infantilism’ or ‘infantalist’ associated with adult/teen babies.

An adult/teen baby is a person who, in addition to diapers, has an interest in other items associated with babyhood. For example, pacifiers, bottles and clothes such as footed sleepers. Often the person will enjoy age-play and regression, entering into a ‘little’ frame of mind and acting like a baby, toddler or young child. Many adult/teen babies enjoy periods in which a consenting adult cares for and treats them as if they were a baby, toddler or young child.
    So.... i guess it's maybe a bit of both... but I'm not too comfortable with labeling myself "AB".. more like "AK" (adult kid) in my case.
    Last edited by BeachBoyBen; 12-Mar-2012 at 04:15.

GreyEntity

Well welcome AK

Quote Originally Posted by Ben123 View Post
    So.... i guess it's maybe a bit of both... but I'm not too comfortable with labeling myself "AB".. more like "AK" (adult kid) in my case.
    A lot of people that don't consider themselves "ABs" refer to themselves as "littles". Littles encompass the entire range of the ageplay spectrum up until adulthood, whereas AB is more like a subset of being a little that defines you as a toddler or infant. There are people that enjoy acting younger, like 7 or 8, but don't like diapers or anything because it would be odd at that age to be wearing them, except for medical reasons. AB isn't exactly accurate in those cases, hence the term "littles". The counterpart to a little would be a caretaker, i.e. someone who takes care of littles.

Also, I wouldn't say that snippet is entirely accurate. There are some people that enjoy diapers completely non-sexually, but don't enjoy regression or anything "childish" and they consider themselves DLs, whereas there are plenty of ABs that the AB role is entirely a sexual thing for them, and they have sexual fantasies about being treated like a baby, and diapers don't even necessarily need to be involved. I always distinguished them by the mentality on a sort of scale independent of sexuality. On one end is pure DL, where they enjoy diapers but not "ageplay", so to speak. They have the mindset of an adult and are treated as an adult, but enjoy wearing diapers. Just as there are adults that enjoy stuffed animals without any sort of "regression", this side of the spectrum enjoys diapers regardless of its connection to childhood. On the other end is ABs. They generally enjoy diapers too (though not always), but also enjoy things like pacifiers, footed sleepers, onesies, stuffed animals, and other paraphernalia commonly associated with childhood, and there is usually a sense of getting into the mindset of a younger self. While there seems to be a strong correlation between how sexual diapers are to you and where you fall on the spectrum (hence the sense that all DLs have sexual feelings), it's not a perfect correlation, therefore I don't think that AB or DL should be defined by sexual feelings.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ben123 View Post
    So.... i guess it's maybe a bit of both... {AB and DL} but I'm not too comfortable with labeling myself "AB".. more like "AK" (adult kid) in my case.
    I know what you mean... I feel uncomfortable with pretty much any kind of label.

I've liked wearing nappies since (pretty much) I remember being out of them, but was quite mature as a kid (I wasn't really interested in having a dummy or a teddy or anything like that).

As an adult, I still like nappies, and would love to be "looked after", and think that childish clothes and behaviour are cute... But when I think of myself dressing up and pretending to be a kid I just feel silly... but I don't think of myself as an adult either.

I don't really regress -- my adult and "child" personalities co-exist. I guess, outwardly I'm an adult; it's just my inner emotions that are a bit childish...

The older I get, the harder it is to imagine being a baby and liking babyish things, so I guess I'm more of an "adult kid" too... But I don't think of myself being a particular age... I'm just me.

DLs are often assumed to have a sexual/fetishist attraction to nappies... And while I won't say that I never feel aroused when I'm wearing a nappy, it's rare and not (by a long shot) the reason I wear. I don't know why, but I just feel safe and calm in a nappy.

So I don't really consider myself a true AB, a true AK or a true DL... So what am I?! I'm just me. The labels don't really apply.

I often refer to myself as AB/DL just for the sake of typing all that out, though! But I like the idea of being a "little"... It sounds cuter and better reflects my inner innocence...

Anyway, whoever you are, whatever labels you do or don't identify with, you're welcome here! It's a very friendly place!

Tiny

I've heard the term "littles" before.. and also "middles" which is defined as:

"Middles" OR "Mediums;" basically defined as elementary through secondary school ages and those who wish to be family members, neighbors, playmates or partners of them."
    "Littles" seems to be mostly a broad term like you said Zephy, but some people take it to mean around age 3-5 or there abouts.. the short time between baby and primary school (ie: 1st grade in the US). Hence the addition of the term "middles". I find "AK" and "middle" suits me best.. I am very much independent minded.. not looking for a caretaker. I am much more "middle" minded (about 10-16 range). I like to do things myself without help from others for the most part. I also don't like people watching over me constantly, it bugs the heck out of me. But I am still very childish in a lot of ways.. but not babyish. The only two characteristics that come close are my life of snuggling plushes sometimes (which can be more of a 'little' thing too) and going to be trying out diapers for wearing (but not using). Not interested in pacifiers or the like. Feeties sound nice too but that can also be a 'littles' thing, it's not exclusively baby.

I don't mind labels so long as they actually fit me properly.