Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trial 24/7 Run

Lightbulb Trial 24/7 Run

So I'm going to attempt to go 24/7 diapered for like two weeks straight and I'm looking for your thoughts on how I should do it. I'll be doing full 24/7 so that means no toilet at all during that time.

I'm basically doing this just to see what it is like, how I deal with it, if I'd want to go for longer and so on and so forth. I decided to post this in the diaper talk seaction because while it may have some Adult baby elements (desiring to go 24/7) I'm more into diapers as a comfort, convenience type thing rather than sexual or regressive. If that still means I'm in the wrong area I apologise and would be up for anyone to move it where ever

Anyway after putting all that aside, I'm wondering what people were thinking as to my planned set up.

• I'm going to be going full 24/7 so no toilet at all.
      I'll be doing this for 2 weeks straight (I probably will take a break after that but depending on how it goes could get right back into it).
      I also need some help with what I should ehem, wear.

In regards to the last point I was looking for something sort of thinner since this will be my first 24/7 run, and I'm a bit nervous. Do you think I should go for say Goodnights with plastic pants (in case of leaks) and just change often since they only hold like 2 or so wettings. Or should I bite the bullet and go for proper tape diapers or something similar for the extra absorbency? Do you think I should buy plastic pants to help out just in case anyway?

Thanks to anyone who replies and I appreciate all advice!

P.S. Money and acquiring products isn't really an issue unless it's something like Bambinos which are not available in Australia

Hello there.
    Sounds interesting indeed. I have never gone quite so intensive for quite so long, so much of the better advice will probably need to come from our more experienced friends.

I have done a weekend continuous wearing - all purposes. Much like you, to see what it would be like. I knew pretty soon that it is not for me. Perhaps you will think differently though. Curious to hear back from you afterwards.

With regards to diapers, I would say go more protective than Goodnites. Plastic pants over goodnites for 24 hrs a day is not going to be very good for your skin or comfy, expect chaffing.. So I would say go for safer adult diapers. I am not sure what is available in your country, but perhaps go for Abena M2 for daytime, and M4 for night time. Alternatively, Tena slip plus or super for day, and maxi for night. You will need to carry all supplies with you to allow for necessary changes when out and about. Wet wipes galore.

Enjoy and good luck with this trial! Keep us posted on your progress.
    Andrew.

From someone who has been urine IC for 40 years.
    First and always keep it clean. Diaper rash is a major pain.
    Carry a means of disposing of dirty diapers. Plastic bags ect.
    As for smell that will vary with what you eat and drink.
    Consider others around you. No one wants to smell your dirty diaper.
    If I recall it is summer down under. Plastic pants if you haven't tryed them can get very warm and will cause you to sweat.
    Have you gone short term yet? Say for a weekend. This might be a better first step.
    Other than that good luck. I think you are about to discover a lot about yourself and by all means keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    So I'm going to attempt to go 24/7 diapered for like two weeks straight and I'm looking for your thoughts on how I should do it. I'll be doing full 24/7 so that means no toilet at all during that time.
    Good luck! I recently passed the six months of 24/7 mark and I'm still loving every minute of it.

You might find the following threads useful:

You might also want to have a look at the the 24/7 group. It's pretty new!

I'm going to be going full 24/7 so no toilet at all.
    A useful tip for managing this is to find our your natural rhythm and then to adjust it slowly (e.g. 'go' a little later each day) so that the time you usually need to 'go' is when you're at home and not in public or at work.

In regards to the last point I was looking for something sort of thinner since this will be my first 24/7 run, and I'm a bit nervous. Do you think I should go for say Goodnights with plastic pants (in case of leaks) and just change often since they only hold like 2 or so wettings. Or should I bite the bullet and go for proper tape diapers or something similar for the extra absorbency?
    My advice would be to go for proper diapers if you can get them. Unless you're careless it's unlikely that anyone will notice them. However, if you wear a poor diaper and leak people will notice that - and it'll be far, far worse than someone spotting a bit of white wasteband would be.

Do you think I should buy plastic pants to help out just in case anyway?
    You normally get mixed opinions on this. My advice would be to get a few pairs of plastic pants. They might not stop a full leak but they can protect you against 'weeping' diapers, minor leaks and at least buy you a few minutes of time if you do end up with a full leak.

Thanks to anyone who replies and I appreciate all advice!
    You're welcome Good luck

If your going to do #2's also, go for the taped diaper If not then goodnites would be easier if you wanted to keep it more discreet!

Thanks for all the responses and replies so far, I'm really looking forward to starting this XD

I'll reply to each person's post individually.

Soakingboy - Wearing different diapers for day and night? I had never thought of that! Yes it's probably better if I do go for a full diaper rather than Goodnights. We don't have Abenas in chemists that stock incontinence products but we do have pretty much all the Tena products. Abena is available if I order online however, so it depends (ha! depends) on what you think would be better? Tena or Abena?

Ringer - Yes I don't have a lot of intention letting the public catch on to me wearing dirty diapers while out and about, so I'll try and avoid doing that. It's just become Autumn down here and while we do have hot days, colder days are starting to become more regular (probably not as cold as you might be used to). And finally, I have gone through a weekend diapered and had a lot of fun with it so now I'm going to try and expand on that.

cgh - Thanks for the luck! Yes I've seen those threads and have posted in the 6 months one, congratulations on that milestone again! Yes getting proper diapers isn't a problem for me so I think I'll be going for that, as well as by the looks of it my first plastic pants XD Thanks for that!

Tommy - Yes I do plan on doing #2's also so I'll probably be going for proper diapers while still trying to maintain a small level of discreetness. I may occasionaly use Goodnights if I'm in a situation where I'll meet friends or family, though I have gone pretty heavily padded around them before and they were none the wiser so I guess we'll see about that once I get more of a feel for it.

Cheers everyone. These posts are really helping to refine my plan for this Trial Run so keep the advice coming! I'll probably begin in a week or two since I am a bit busy for two weeks plus it'll take a while to collect all the necessary items!

My advice would be to find a good premium diaper in a middle level. My day diaper of choice is the Abena Supers (level 2). Some folks also like the extras (level 3). I can usually get 4-6 hours in one before needing to change, and economically they work out to be the best. They're a bit thinner, so they're discreet, yet still very good against leaks and very comfortable and absorbent. Always have some spares around! I keep some in different places around the house and in my bookbag and in a bag in the car. That way, I'm never caught without a change when I need one.

If you're going 24/7 you'll want some good wipes and cream. I find baby wipes work best - look for quilted ones. I use Johnson and Johnson cream. You can choose whatever works best for you. As cgh said, taking some time undiapered to let your skin air out is important, too!

Good luck to you! Hope it goes well!

PacifierBabyKaru

ive never done it before but it sounds like fun i cant wait to try it my self

Techead

Good night are good for wetting but not for messing. I have first hand experience.
    And also if you do use goodnight make sure not to use it while lying down. There is a 99% chance they will leak. Not joking on this. I had done this for a weekend and i would wet thin while lying down and they only kept in in once.

After looking around Australian Incontinence sites I think I'll go for Abena since I haven't tried them before and everyone seems to go on about how great they are.

So of those it seems the consensus is for the M2's during the day and possibly the M4's for night time? How does that sound?

I can also get plastic pants off the same place as the Abenas and they offer discrete packaging, so yay!