Thread: Car Help

BLMProductions

Default Car Help

Ok, i have no idea who else to ask so i'll try my good friends at ADISC. I have an '02 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L. My thermostat malfunction light wont go away, i replaced the darn thing twice, flushed out the system, reset the codes and everything but it just wont go away.... Does anybody know enough about cars to help me out on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxracer529 View Post
    Ok, i have no idea who else to ask so i'll try my good friends at ADISC. I have an '02 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L. My thermostat malfunction light wont go away, i replaced the darn thing twice, flushed out the system, reset the codes and everything but it just wont go away.... Does anybody know enough about cars to help me out on this one?
    Go to a parts dealer that doesn't have a service department, like AutoZone. They often have the diagnostic computers that repair shops have, and they'll usually run diagnostics for free in the hopes you'll proceed to buy part X from them when they tell you part X is what's making your car grouchy.

Did you replace the thermostat, or the temp sensor? I would check the connection too the sensor. Jeep fourm has the TJ tech manual online, and chances are someone else has had the same issue. I would search the threads there, lots of great info and really competent members for tech issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jambi66441 View Post
    Did you replace the thermostat, or the temp sensor? I would check the connection too the sensor. Jeep fourm has the TJ tech manual online, and chances are someone else has had the same issue. I would search the threads there, lots of great info and really competent members for tech issues.
    ^^This. The Jeep forums should be pretty active, too, so I doubt you'll have trouble finding info that will at least aim you in a direction.

me agreeing with jambi, too.
    it's probably also worth investing in a suitable code-reader, if you don't already have one (you say that you reset the codes, but not how). i got mine for 40 and as the cheapest 'pro' reset i've seen is 25, and bearing in mind that it can take several resets until a problem is finally resolved, it's well worth it (even though i've never had to use it).