Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had my appendix taken out

Default Had my appendix taken out

Yeah, so I had my ependix taken out. If you think the surgery insition pain is a walk in the park your definitely f*cked up in the brain. The surgery pain is WORSE than the ependix pain. And on top of that, I have to be out of school for a week!<sarcasm>Yay homework </sarcasm> TT_TT But on the up side that's more time for anime and manga.

EmeraldsAndLime

Appendix* ... for future reference.

Suck how useless body features cause so much pain. Get well soon.

Well, I'm glad you're ok now, and I'm sorry to hear that you're still in a lot of pain. I know all about how the surgery hurts worse than the problem you had it for in the first place. I know only too well I'm afraid. But on the bright side, it does get better, and if you didn't have the surgery, you would still be in some excruciating pain that nothing would help you get over it.
    And congrats on a week off from school, although, that's one hell of a way to get it!

stanfordhawks

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Suck how useless body features cause so much pain. Get well soon.
    The Appendix is not useless. It stores vitamins and releases them into the body as needed.

Appendix, Gall Bladder, Tonsils....all parts of the body one does not need to survive (thus rendering them useless) If they were useFUL the body would need them. I still have my appendix and my tonsils...but the gall bladder is gone. And there is no pain like the pain of a gall bladder attack. Thus sayeth the woman who gave birth to an 8-pound (3629g) baby...naturally...without the benefit of an epidural or even so much as a little nitrous oxide...not even an aspirin!!

BTW...it's good you got your appendix out...because once the appendix causes pain (unlike the gall bladder or the tonsils) it HAS to come out or the end result can be death! If the appendix ruptures (which is imminent when it becomes inflamed to the point where it's causing pain!)...the resulting infection can lead to death. No one's ever died from tonsilitis or a gall stone (although they may well have wished they would)!

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Appendix, Gall Bladder, Tonsils....all parts of the body one does not need to survive (thus rendering them useless)
    If I lost my hand I would still survive, but I class my hand as being very useful! All three of those body parts (maybe appendix is debatable) have a use, albeit not a use that it necessary to not die.

I believe that the appendix is thought to have some role in the immune system...

Anyway, sorry to hear about your pain, but happy to hear the operation went well.

I still have all my original inner peices, and hope to keep it that way, there very old but there mine and they still work.

I hope your feeling better soon Daisuki, just take it easy but keep moving if you can don't sit around too much, do things just do them slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    If I lost my hand I would still survive, but I class my hand as being very useful! All three of those body parts (maybe appendix is debatable) have a use, albeit not a use that it necessary to not die.
    I think she means organs or something...

damn
    that sucks, hope ya get well soon.
    and yes, im pretty sure the appendix is useless.

Daisuke, you just survived my worst nightmare! At 49 I still have my apendix but since I was a kid I I have had a strange fear of needing it removed. It sux youve had pain but that should pass. Remember the old saying "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger". You'll never have to have your apendix out again!

Speedy recovery!

Nam