Thread: Strangest Bethesda glitch?

Default Strangest Bethesda glitch?

Bethesda is one of my favorite game publishers, however, as far as I can recall, there games have been notoriously glitchy. What was the strangest one you ever saw?

The most bizarre one I ever saw wasn't so much what it was, but how complex it was. It also didn't happen specifically to me, but to my sister while she was playing Skyrim.

So anyway, in Skyrim There's a random encounter where you see an orc attacking and killing some person. If you talk to him he tells you that he is to old to lead his tribe, and needs to die. So, He's challenging random people to duels to the death.

My sister saw this, and figuring it was just a bandit ignored the situation. For some reason this knocked the planets out of order and caused this crazy glitch.

Several game days after my sister's encounter, the man who died was standing outside the gates of Whitrun, when spoken to he would only say the default responses, "Yes?", "Need Something?", "Hmm?".

This is when it starts to get really weird, later, the man for no apparent reason was half burred in the middle of the road in the same place he was standing earlier. If that's not enough HIS CLONE was just, standing next to him.

When my sister used the 'Ice Form' shout on the half-buried man, He went absolutely ape-shit! His limbs shot out in random directions, for what would equate to several miles, flailing violently, and the vertices that made up the model meshes would jitter spasticly. The only thing I can compare it to is perhaps a daddy long-legs spider having a seizure. And then, when the shout wore off, all his limbs would 'suck' back in and he'd fall to his death.

Every few days after that, the game would add a new clone to the group, currently there are three clones plus the guy half-buried in the ground.

This was by far the strangest glitch in ANY game that I have ever seen, not just Bethesda, but anyway, what was your strangest Bethesda glitch?

Supersam1223

It's not weird but it was so annoying. Y'know Farkas, from the Companions? He followed me around, and talked to me literally every 5 seconds..... And even worse was, I was trying to do a quest with him. I was playing with my friend when this happened, and he nicknamed him "fuck-arse"...

Turns out I had to get rid of all of my bounty from everywhere, and then he left me alone, but I sent Bethesda an email and they claim to have fixed it.

the worst glitch IMO where people falling from the top of megaton in Fallout 3. I always had to go in and respawn their NPC's when they accidentally committed suicide.

In Oblivion when I was talking to a lady, as she was talking the speech was interrupted with the actor apologizing and said she needed to read the script again followed again by the same speech. on youtube search for "Oblivion voice actor unedited (SPOILER)". I had oblivion on launch and came across the problem within a couple of days, I emailed bethesda and they told me that there would be mass of glitches due to the size of the game. didn't apologize or said they would fix it. this glitch appears of pc, xbox and ps3.

In Fallout 3, shortly after reaching level 30 (on Broken Steel), leaving Megaton would for some reason result in Deputy Weld (the welcoming Robot) falling from the sky and hitting the ground. With bloody mess, this usually blew off both of his legs and his head. Kinda funny the first time...

In New Vegas, I've come across a skeleton lying in the road, spastically flailing as its limbs extended into who knows where... I reloaded my save and fixed it, but holy hell that was weird.

In Skyrim, on its first play, there was a barrel close to one of the walls on the edges of Whiterun that I could hop onto and then sprint and jump over, leaving me outside of Whiterun on a flat plane of grass that if you walked to the edge of, you would fall forever. It's fixed now.

My personal favorite on Skyrim, though, (it's not too weird) was just outside of Dragonsreach. I got frustrated with one of the guards and I sprinted at him until he would fall off of the little bridge into the water. He tried to swim out, but I got in with him and pushed so that he wouldn't make it out (I was bored). I pushed him back towards the arch in the bridge that you can't swim under, and he swam down, staying still underwater. I thought he would drown, but apparently not. When I came back later, the guard was still there, only, standing in the too-deep-to-stand water. Wouldn't talk or do anything but stare at me. It was then I realized the guard's outfit model had changed to a female one.

It's not a strange glitch but it's very annoying.

I have collected all the keys needed to reach the t-51b power armor in fallout 3 but when I go up to the last door it says I don't have the key.

My strangest glitch is where I killed a bandit in Skyrim (v1.0), and his forward momentum as he went ragdoll sent him flying forward, until he hit a rock, at which pointing his spinning corpse went high into the sky, and simply continued going up. Apparently bandits aren't smart enough to be affected by gravity. =P

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDinosaur View Post
    Several game days after my sister's encounter, the man who died was standing outside the gates of Whitrun, when spoken to he would only say the default responses, "Yes?", "Need Something?", "Hmm?".

This is when it starts to get really weird, later, the man for no apparent reason was half burred in the middle of the road in the same place he was standing earlier. If that's not enough HIS CLONE was just, standing next to him.

When my sister used the 'Ice Form' shout on the half-buried man, He went absolutely ape-shit! His limbs shot out in random directions, for what would equate to several miles, flailing violently, and the vertices that made up the model meshes would jitter spasticly. The only thing I can compare it to is perhaps a daddy long-legs spider having a seizure. And then, when the shout wore off, all his limbs would 'suck' back in and he'd fall to his death.

Every few days after that, the game would add a new clone to the group, currently there are three clones plus the guy half-buried in the ground.
    Lol, sounds a little like Majora's Creepy Pasta. Oh boy, that one was fun while it lasted...

Most annoying glitch: On one of my first runs through Black Ops I got to the part in Vorkuta where you're ducking for cover behind the coal cart while the gunmen in the towers fire down on you. The tower is SUPPOSED to explode, allowing you to continue, but in this case it never did, and I can't figure out why. So I stayed behind there, following the game's objective to "stay behind coal cart for cover," trying to take out the gunmen with my pistol (only available weapon) which failed, obviously, and I died every time I tried to make a run for it, and even after staying behind the cart for 15+ minutes, nothing changed. I was super frustrated, but when I restarted the game it all went smoothly. Weird.

Another super fun one: there's a way in the original Sonic the Hedgehog game there's a part of the Labyrinth Zone where, if you hit the checkpoint at the wrong time, it is literally impossible to continue on. The water rises and you run out of breath before it falls again, and if you just happened to hit that checkpoint at the wrong time, there's no way to proceed. Super frustrating, especially because you can't revert to previous checkpoints, so you have to start over halfway through the game @.@

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDinosaur View Post

This was by far the strangest glitch in ANY game that I have ever seen, not just Bethesda, but anyway, what was your strangest Bethesda glitch?
    Oh wow I had this same exact glitch, others were just standing around while one was half buried. Never did Iceform I need to load my old game up and try it. THo I played on xbox wonder if will still work.