Thread: Is it weird I prefer to wear a cagole over other jackets?

Scootalooo

Default Is it weird I prefer to wear a cagole over other jackets?

My mum has bought me some long duffle coat, but it just feels thick and heavy. I find it more comfartable to just wear layers and my raincoat cagole jacket.

I don't see anyone else my age wearing cagoles and for some reason I prefer to wear them. My mum says there not fashionable, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm weird

Does anybody else prefer them to heavy think coats? am I weird for prefering to wear them?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, this is the jacket I prefer wearing

Buy John Lewis Rain Jacket, Navy online at JohnLewis.com - John Lewis

Meh, if it works for you, go for it. I just picked up a long green London Fog coat at the Salvation Army for $15, and I wear it with a black fedora. Some say it's out of style, I say it's classic. And, since I'm the one wearing it, it's my thing.

It's a wind breaker! I see lots of people wearing them. Just in the spring, not the winter. I don't like jackets either, I wear hoodies. Who cares if it's fashionable, if its comfortable wear it. Start a new trend!

I like your raincoat cagole jacket. I'd be happy wearing it around. It does look a little bit light for Detroit. You'd definitely need to have something warm under it this time of year. I'm not a fan of long duffle coats either. Wear what *you* like. Wear the long duffle coat when you visit your mother.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinS3ville View Post
    Is it weird I prefer to wear a cagole over other jackets?
    I absolutely love the fact that you wear nappies and a cagoule... and are starting to think that you're weird for wearing the cagoule!

If you have the balls to tell society that you don't care what it thinks about you wearing a nappy, then be proud of your esoteric charm and wear your cagoule with pride! (EDIT: Actually, I've just had a look at the one you have and think it looks pretty cool. Plain black with no logos is what I consider pretty classy... Does that make me weird too...?)

Put it this way, if anyone else cares or thinks that you are weird for liking your cagoule, then they are probably the sort of dull tedious person that is so obsessed with complying with society's expectations that they don't have a personality of their own. And it's probably best to avoid such people and seek out the interesting visionaries that will bring you a richer and greater appreciation and understanding of the world.

There's some simple formulae that I use to judge the value of my choices:

weird = novel = interesting = visionary = good
    normal = conformist = dull = lack of personality = bad

In certain situations, I try to be as weird as I can (within reason). Interesting people will either find you interesting (or will be indifferent); dull people will find it disconcerting and will run away. Good riddance!

N.B. Weirdness for the sake of it, or to get attention is not weird. That's just conformist weirdness.

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I absolutely love the fact that you wear nappies and a cagoule... and are starting to think that you're weird for wearing the cagoule!

If you have the balls to tell society that you don't care what it thinks about you wearing a nappy, then be proud of your esoteric charm and wear your cagoule with pride! (EDIT: Actually, I've just had a look at the one you have and think it looks pretty cool. Plain black with no logos is what I consider pretty classy... Does that make me weird too...?)

Put it this way, if anyone else cares or thinks that you are weird for liking your cagoule, then they are probably the sort of dull tedious person that is so obsessed with complying with society's expectations that they don't have a personality of their own. And it's probably best to avoid such people and seek out the interesting visionaries that will bring you a richer and greater appreciation and understanding of the world.

There's some simple formulae that I use to judge the value of my choices:

weird = novel = interesting = visionary = good
    normal = conformist = dull = lack of personality = bad

In certain situations, I try to be as weird as I can (within reason). Interesting people will either find you interesting (or will be indifferent); dull people will find it disconcerting and will run away. Good riddance!

N.B. Weirdness for the sake of it, or to get attention is not weird. That's just conformist weirdness.
    Aewsome, thanks for the advice. I feel a bit more posotive about it

you should see how i dress!
    i only have work clothes and play clothes. i don't dress for others; if they don't like it, they can suck my diaper.

everything comes back in fashion at some point. just consider yourself a trendsetter by wearing them before they were fashionable. you can even call yourself a 'hipster', and you can say 'I wore them before they were cool.'