Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you do it?

Default how do you do it?

I am still struggling to accept this part of my life. I still feel as is I am a sick weirdo and that normal people don't do this. I can't shake these feelings, but I still can't accept them. Any help?

DrunknFox

That's up to you. A lot of people ask this, and really everyone's own psychology is different from another.
    You're either going to have to accept that this is a part of you, and if you don't want it, then get rid of it.
    You're right, normal people don't do this. But the thing you don't realize, is that you are normal. This is just the weird part of you.
    All the "normal" people have a weird side, but you just don't see it because they hide it just as much as you.

Happens with most things society makes us think as deviant. Stop judging yourself and recognize that there's not "normal people", everyone have their weird stuff. Do anything you want, as long as you don't harm others or yourself.

Cushiebabe

I was shamed as a small child for being a diaper lover and later a teen baby. Just realize its role playing and its fun. Cats do it too. Have you ever seen a cat kneading a quilt before they lay down. They are regressing to kitten hood when they to had knead their mothers teats to get the milk out. All mammals baby out a little. Check out youtube for a video of a cat kneading a dog's back. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cushiebabe View Post
    I was shamed as a small child for being a diaper lover and later a teen baby. Just realize its role playing and its fun. Cats do it too. Have you ever seen a cat kneading a quilt before they lay down. They are regressing to kitten hood when they to had knead their mothers teats to get the milk out. All mammals baby out a little. Check out youtube for a video of a cat kneading a dog's back. lol
    So true.

I commented to my wife just yesterday that our 4 month old kitten Mickey-Moo keeps regressing to anything micro fibre.

Animals also have fetishes!

@Sand, you will eventually get over this.

I know how you feel about this secret, and its amazing how people hide there differences to seem normal.

Because we only know ourselves it can seem like we are so different to everyone else and im guessing many or most have a better social mask then others, yet also hide little things that we will never know.

Normalize your habit and give it a break now and then and eventually you will feel normal.

Your self talk is harsh and damaging and you are making a huge deal over something so trivial.

Keep telling yourself you're sick and eventually you will believe it, so forget about about it and play some PS3, Xbox or whatever you're into and watch this eventually merge seamlessly into your life without issue.

You make it so, because you have that power.

I didnt do anything really. time did it all I would say. I think most if not all of us felt this way in the beginning. most of us also went through stages where we became so much so that we rid ourselves of everything. a way of separating ourselves from what makes us feel wrong. but we al came back at some point. time is the ultimate deciding factor in life. in time all reveals itself. if this is truly a part of you, in time you will grow to accept it, and will become comfortable with it. all in time. so, in reality none of us can give you any specific advice on how you should feel and what you should do to deal with this feeling, all we can say is that in time you will discover your acceptance or not of this aspect of your life.

teddybear206

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddeath View Post
    I am still struggling to accept this part of my life. I still feel as is I am a sick weirdo and that normal people don't do this. I can't shake these feelings, but I still can't accept them. Any help?
    think, you could have it worse, some people have to execpt there achohol or drug problems, but your worried about this? and if your sick then well be sick with you, really you just have to come to peace with your feelings and realize this behavior is not at all destrustive so why condone it?i hope you feel better my freind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddeath View Post
    It's a tough spot to be in, certainly. While I can't offer a silver bullet solution, let me offer some things for consideration.

First, consider the "normal" things you do. I'm sure you go to class or work. You probably hang out with friends and have non-diaper activities and hobbies you do for fun. You can smoke and sign up for the military. Since you're in Oklahoma, chances are you drive pretty frequently. Et cetera, et cetera. I mention all of this because it's easy for someone with a quirk to focus on the quirk and think that everyone else is focusing on the quirk, all while forgetting and glossing over all of the stuff that grounds them in reality. Perhaps it's of little value coming from someone that's open with most of his friends about being an ABDL, but really, you like diapers, BFD. As long as you're fulfilling the other commitments you've made (work/school/friends/etc.), then even though you're uncomfortable right now, surely you can take a step back and realize that you're not in a bad position.

When I was originally struggling with being an ABDL, I was also pretty strongly religious. I don't know if that's the case here, but when I was struggling with it over a decade ago, I realized that the big gist of big chunks of the Bible is to worship God before all else (it even got first billing in the commandments). In the New Testament, the big deal is to believe that Jesus died to save us from sin. Beyond that, there's nothing really in there about diapers, and most of the other behavioral guidelines operate under the basis that doing those things will basically put whatever behavior before God. So, I figured as long as I was meeting my commitments to God, I was just fine.

Beyond that, you've probably noticed that I keep coming back to the idea of meeting your other commitments. I think that's the big story here. We all have quirks. My BF and I are both ABDLs, but aside from that, we both still have quirks and eccentricities. It's just part of being human. Consider this, too: Sure, the majority of people out there are not ABDLs, but there are thousands of us on this site, and there are several sites out there that cater to various portions of the ABDL population. These sites couldn't remain viable if there were only one or two people out there into diapers.

Like I said, maybe it's of little value coming from me, but if nothing else, we're in the same boat (in terms of the diaper thing). I mean, I'm 30 years old. I worked at a Fortune 500 company for eight years before deciding to go back to school for a master's degree. I have a boyfriend (we've been together over three years), a house, and the attendant responsibilities those things create. I pay my taxes. I vote. I've survived being hit by an SUV that ran a red light at 40 miles per hour and smashed into me while I was cycling to work. The fact that I like to wear diapers and onesies and occasionally suck a paci are really a very small part of who I am, and I suspect that the diapers are a very small part of who you are, too.

Ultimately, if you're not hurting anyone else or yourself (that whole meeting your commitments thing), I think you're ok.

As an aside, if you ever go to a fetish event like IML, a lot of the people you'll see there (and it's a pretty big event) are reasonably successful individuals, some of whom are in higher places. These are people that manage to navigate the corporate world and yet still like to do leather and bondage and stuff. Like I said, if you're meeting your other commitments, I think you're fine.

For me, I consider it a kink and don't really worry about it. Lots of people have 'weird' fetishes. I will admit, that I used to worry about it a lot, as you do now, but I got over it. I won't say that I've accepted this as being apart of myself, because to me that implies bigger meaning and in my mind, a person is not and should not be defined by a fetish.

I know I am new here but I don't want to be a lurker so I would like to join in this conversation.

I find it normal, I have met a lot of bigoted people who would most definitely find it weird. It's not exactly hurting anyone, or yourself and its up to you what you do. Don't let anyone or anything change you from who you really are and want to be.