Thread: 'Funzee' Rompers, anyone?

Default 'Funzee' Rompers, anyone?

Stumbled across this place while doing some random Googling (I have added it to the links section):

Funzee romper suits

The relatively keen price outweighed the lack of useful sizing information and limited product description and it's nice to see something new from the UK so I thought I'd give it a go.

The result? Mixed. The fabric is very lightweight and there are no feet (which is what I was looking for - perfect for what is laughingly referred to as the Summer months in the UK.) The stitching was a bit rough, but acceptable. The poppers go down to about knee height, which is fine, but here's the problem - it looks like they were applied by a madman. There was one half of a pair missing and the remaining ones weren't applied in a particularly symmetrical fashion down each leg. That aside it was quite pleasant to sleep in.

Their returns policy looks reasonable enough, but I think I'll just fix this one myself. I'll probably order one or two more in the hope they will be better (and return as required if it is a systemic problem.)

I went for a large as I have a fairly long torso and so it was a bit baggy on the sleeves and legs, but not unreasonably so - might try a medium next time.

Anyone else tried one of these? Any other thoughts on UK/EU suppliers of such things?

so thats what a romper is.. well, im noexpert so cant help here unfortunately

The site doesn't look too official...But you could try if you want...I'm sure there are other sites that have them too if you want some more variety than what they have (it looks like all they have is some grayish blue and maybe some orange)

Thats not a romper thats is a union suit, one peice long underwear, I wear something simalar to that in the summer months.

It looks as though all they did was add some snaps to the inside leg, that can be done easily, and for very little money, now that winter is comming you will be able to find union suits all over the net.

Most are white and cotton or cotton/poly blend, the 100% cotton ones will shrink 1 size after a wash and dry, and can be dyed any color you wish.

I wore them all thru my youth for pajamas and to school as long underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Thats not a romper thats is a union suit, one peice long underwear, I wear something simalar to that in the summer months.
    The term 'union suit' is not widely used outside of North America nor indeed are union suits themselves, for adults at least.

Semantics aside, I've yet to find any mainstream shop/website outside of the US and Canada that sells them - and you'd be surprised how many of places in the US/Canada aren't prepared to ship outside those borders.

Apart from the odd thing on eBay and some more distinctly medical apparel, there's not much to be had outside the hideously expensive offerings from privatina and grenouilleres.com. So consider yourself lucky

(Any euro/brit babies know otherwise? Please speak up.)

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    It looks as though all they did was add some snaps to the inside leg, that can be done easily, and for very little money, now that winter is comming you will be able to find union suits all over the net.
    Maybe. Just hemming it and adding snaps I suggest would look a little ropey, but maybe that's just my dodgy sewing skills.

They were great for doing things because, they kept in place, and your back wasn't exposed to the cold everytime you bent down to pick something up.

I still wear them, and they are very comfortable under cloths, because you don't have the overlaping of the top and bottom of modern day long underwear.

I'm sure somebody sells them in europe, like you said they just might call them something different, I heard them called long horns, long johns, union suits, and combinations.

DannyTheNinja

They look good but personally I think footed sleepers are the way to go. ^_^ The photos looked like they have snaps on them, and snaps are *really* annoying - why not just a zipper? Their site doesn't seem very professional though and it sounds like their product isn't either (then again Bambino's website isn't very professional either).

I'm not from the UK, but 25 including shipping seems like a lot (roughly US$45-50) for what looks like a very cheaply made product.

--Danny

I love my footed sleepers, but they are those nights they are just too warm for, that is when I use the union suit, it still has the comfy feel of the one peice with no waist band, and I bought it way too big for me, the same way I like my sleepers.

Don't know why, but I prefer snaps over zippers - they're still the access method of choice for babywear.

I love footed sleepers and have quite a few including a couple of Jumpin' Jammerz ones before they changed to zippers, but even ones made from lighter materials are too hot on some nights.

25 is not a fantastic price, but to my mind, more-or-less what you'd expect to pay for such a thing this side of the pond. The Funzee thing is definitely small-scale with a website to match, but you've gotta start somewhere and it looks like they have the potential to provide more AB products down the line. (For reasons I can't fully explain, many of the AB clothing suppliers in the UK seem to be 'sissy' oriented - not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not my bag...)

If they wanted my credit card number I'd be more wary about the website, but Paypal is safe enough these days. So I'd really like to see them succeed (even if my review wasn't the best.)

you can get union suits from lots of places, it gets pretty cold in the winter here, and i am usually in them from mid november to the beginning of march, i have made several that look like the ones in that ad as well. i know Duofold make em, i usually pay about $30 for a pretty good quality one
    Last edited by bebehuey; 19-Sep-2008 at 05:00. Reason: not done