Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 premium OR Xbox 360 arcade?

Secret

Default Xbox 360 premium OR Xbox 360 arcade?

Ok so my xbox died last week : ( and I am thinking of maybe buying a new one. I HAVE a 20GB hard drive from my old 360 , and three controllers and a memory card. What are the downsides and upsides to these versions? And I am trying to spend less money, but I want qauility to!

Well the new versions have more than 20GB I believe...So your hard drive would be kinda small...

Secret

The 20GB will be plenty big for me.

Shit.. get an Arcade.. and get it from BestBuy. the Microsoft 3 year warranty comes standard, and maybe get the extra Bestbuy replacement for a lil extra. where they replace your console, and you can also pay a little extra if it craps int he future, and get a better one, or a differnet system altogether. Thats what I got =o

Yeah, get the Arcade if you don't need the extra space. I don't think you should get the Best Buy warranty thing though. It's already under warranty by Microsoft, so that's just a waste of money. But if convenience is important to you, then get the BB warranty so you can just exchange it at the store if something goes wrong (I'm assuming that's how it works)... and you don't have to bother with sending it in to MS and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Yeah, get the Arcade if you don't need the extra space. I don't think you should get the Best Buy warranty thing though. It's already under warranty by Microsoft, so that's just a waste of money. But if convenience is important to you, then get the BB warranty so you can just exchange it at the store if something goes wrong (I'm assuming that's how it works)... and you don't have to bother with sending it in to MS and waiting.
    Like I said before, the Bestbuy thing is so not only can you exchange it out if its faulty, but you can get something else altogether for the cost of the 360, or later on for some reason if you want a PS3 or an Elite and it craps out, they'll let you pay you difference between what you get, and what new thing you want.

Yepyep. Got the hard drive, controllers, etc, get the arcade. Heck, my first 360 was the arcade then I bought the 20GB hard drive from a pawn shop for $20. Saved a lot of money! The premium would be worthless in your case since you have all the stuff already that the Premium gives you. And, IMO, the chrome tray... not worth it. And white is more sexy.

Secret

Yeah im going to try and fix it and if I cant fix it then I am just going to get the arcade version.

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post
    The 20GB will be plenty big for me.
    You answered your own question then.. Get the arcade.

You don't really sacrifice anything major by getting the arcade console. Premium is just the arcade with a few bells and whistles that you could probably get dirt cheap anyways. They both have the same specs apart from the HDD... don't they??? You've already got a 20GB HDD... so just go for the arcade. Give yourself a coupla extra bucks to spend on... something else!