Thread: Are the NEW abenas worth it?

Default Are the NEW abenas worth it?

Being in Australia, the best diapers I can order are abenas, but I'm worried that the new cloth cover (described on website) makes the cost not worth it?

I've only had depends and the like before, so I'd like to try upper end nappies, but being on a budget just thought I'd see what you all thought?

Miku

In my opinion.. Cloth-backed disposables are my favorite♥ So I'd buy them, but Idk if they would be the same as plastic-backed.

Since they are Abenas, I'm sure they will be decent quality. What you have to ask yourself is if you like cloth backed or not. I personally don't. So I wouldn't spend the money on them. That's totally a personal choice. I only like cloth covered if I'm in the mood for pull-ups, but your feeling may be different on this.

I stay away from cloth backed briefs since the tapes just pull away after extended use (like sleeping). Cloth backed briefs are worthless to me.

funseeker

The cloth backed diaper usually sags on me and then they leak. I am a big fan of the plastic backed Abena's. They are still available in the USA but they be gone in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
    In my opinion.. Cloth-backed disposables are my favorite♥ So I'd buy them, but Idk if they would be the same as plastic-backed.
    Cloth backed diapers obviously aren't the same as plastic backed ones. Lately I've been using Tena Supers which are cloth backed. And I haven't had any problem with the tapes at all, even wearing them for extended periods of time! Sure, I've had to re-adjust them once, maybe twice. But I find that I have to adjust the tapes on all my diapers, because as I move around and do things, they just seem to loosen up or something.

Another great thing about cloth backed diapers, I find anyway, is that they keep you way cooler down there! Some people say cloth backed diapers sweat, but I've had no problem with Tena Supers sweating.

I think for most people it's a nostalgic thing, they are used to plastic diapers as a kid, so that's all they want to wear now. In my opinion, plastic backed diapers have their pros and cons, as do cloth backed diapers. I would never choose one over the other, because each is good in certain circumstances!

That is more dependent on taste. From what I've heard, there are still some plastic backed ones floating around, but I'm not gonna help with that. From what I've noticed, most anyone that is under 20 here will love cloth backed, and anyone older will like full cloth or plastic back. I guess it's more to personal preference--Abena wouldn't put their name on the line if the new cloth backed ones didn't hold up to the same standards the last, plastic backed ones did.