Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a little surprised...

Unhappy I'm a little surprised...

The diapers I ordered recently from XPMedical were the first ones I ever got on my own power and used, and...

Well I'm actually quite surprised to say I don't like them as much as I thought I would. Make no mistake, I've had a pretty strong diaper fetish for awhile now, despite never actually having or using them. And now that I have them, there are things about them I'm not very fond of.

I ordered two sample packs, one of Abenas, and the other of Dry 24/7's. I know... I've read in more than one thread that I should order smaller, less absorbent diapers so I can appreciate the bigger ones more later, but with my lack of patience, my lack of funds, and my "might as well go big or go home attitude" I made my decision accordingly. :P

Don't get me wrong, these diapers are incredible, and they live up to everything people say about them, I just don't feel like they're right for me. When I first put on an M2, I screwed up the tape job, so the only thing holding them up besides the leg tapes was the pair of shorts I was wearing on top of them. I may have had the leg tapes too tight, but regardless, after about 10 or 15 minutes of wearing them I realized "wow, these are thick..." I went about my daily routine for a little while, and every so often I would forget I was wearing. It just felt like normal underwear only thicker.

I went on to wet them and see if that was enjoyable at all. And it was, for a little while. I got bored of it and they started to feel dry again, so it felt thicker and harder to keep up around my waist. I changed in about an hour or so, and when I removed the diaper, the smell of the urine (which was very diluted because I drink a lot of water) was so musky and so nasty that I just wanted it out of the room. I bagged it up and took it to the dumpster. Curious, though I tried and changed into another one for the night to see if I would enjoy it, as I tend to get more aroused the later I get into the night.

As expected I did get more aroused at night, both from wetting and from just having it on. I could find no way to relieve myself though. You see, KuuKuu is asexual, and has very little libido to begin with. This makes it very hard to get off without something to visually read or see. On top of that, the thought of touching my body in those places is disgusting and a turn-off to me, so I had to find a different way to solve the problem. Normally, it involves using friction on the underwear I have on, because too intense humping can't solve the issue. Because of the size and thickness of the diaper, I could not do this the way I usually do. I tried for a little while to no avail and just went to sleep frustrated.

Finally, I woke up this morning, feeling relieved from the sleep and also from the dream I'm assuming the diaper instilled upon me. This was, however, until I moved a little and the waistband opened up and yet again I could smell the diaper. >.< Most people (especially here) don't seem to think too much of the urine smell, but for me it's just intolerable. If it weren't for the fact that my roommate will be around until his final exam later on, I would have changed out, but instead, I'm stuck like this until I have a better opportunity.

I've still got five diapers left of varying sizes and I will eventually wear them all. I just don't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. Despite all this, I still find diapers quite kinky, cute, and fetish-able, I just don't like the thicker ones as much as I thought I would. Most likely, in the future, I will either order a pull-up style, or one that's thinner, so I still get the effect and rush of wearing a diaper, possibly with the cuteness effect, but I don't see myself wearing the thicker ones. I like wetting and thickness in concept, but am surprisingly put off by it in reality.

I really wish I could enjoy it more than I do. :/

Supersam1223

Perhaps you should try cloth and plastic pants?

Unless those smell remarkably better, then probably not. Plus those have to be washed, and here with a community laundry facility, that's not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KuuKuu View Post
    Unless those smell remarkably better, then probably not. Plus those have to be washed, and here with a community laundry facility, that's not the best idea.
    they won't smell better at all, because cloth won't have anything built into the fabric to control odor the way disposables do. I have to wonder though, in all honesty how the smell is so strong to you. you say that your urine is more diluted because you drink plenty of water, but if your urine has a very strong musky odor regardless, there may be some sort of problem that doesn't involve simply the smell of urine in a diaper. your urine shouldn't be that strong, regardless. most disposables have very good odor control built in, and most of us don't complain about the smell mostly because the diaper does its job to neutralize the smell quite effectively. this leads me to two possible conclusions, 1: your urine is heavily musky, which may be a sign of an internal problem. or 2: you are extremely sensitive to the smell of urine. if that be the case, I have a hard time believing you will ever enjoy wearing diapers.

just for comparison, I wear 24/7 and have for nearly 7 years, but you never stop noticing a urine smell if its strong enough. I typically wear Abena Delta-forms during the day as I'm an active person and can't wear a really thick diaper. I can wear the same diaper for up to 6 hours (not that it would likely last that long before needing a change) and still hardly notice any smell at all. I also drink a lot of water (up to 3L per day on average) so I suppose my urine is 'diluted' as well, but regardless, there is never a smell that I would consider to be overpowering in any way. because of the pH balance and odor neutralization properties of most quality disposables, it should actually take many hours for the urine to break down to the point of having a very strong smell, even several days in some cases, for already used diapers that are no longer being exposed to the heat and sweat from your skin.

I do think it's odd that I am able to smell it so strongly. I'm pretty sure I don't have an internal problem leading to the smell, I think I'm just really sensitive to the smell. Or any smell, really. Not really in a sensitive smelling ability sort of way, though. It's not even a strong smell, it just smells awful to me, whereas it doesn't seem to bother anyone else half as much. There are other smells that I can offer up for comparison that bother me in the same way, even if they aren't very strong.

Yeah, I'm worried what you say is true, I may not ever enjoy wearing them.

I can certainly understand being sensitive to certain smells. I cannot tolerate the smell of bleach, even in very small amounts. I can smell it immediately, even when heavily diluted in water, when others may not and it makes me sick to my stomach. so much so that I cannot be around most things with bleach in them. just the slightest smell and I'm running for the hills. yet the smell of decaying flesh doesn't bother me the way it does others. even chemical agents, such as CS gas and others don't have much of a negative effect on me.(ask me how I know that!) but bleach... ugh. I think if you are for one reason or another highly sensitive to the smell of urine, you indeed may be not able to really ever enjoy them. but I still find it odd, because urine is such common odor, I mean you can't even walk into most public restrooms without getting an unwanted wiff of urine. have you never noticed a sensitivity to the smell before this?

there could also be some other causes now that I think about it. you could have changed your diet or started taking something that can affect the smell of your urine. also, the diapers themselves may cause the smell to be intolerable to you. for example, I can't wear flannel cloth diapers because the smell of the urine almost immediately becomes foul to me. it just does with that particular fabric being used as an absorbent material. not intolerable but not pleasant by any means. but the abena diapers that I normally wear cause my urine to take on an almost sweet smell when absorbed by the diaper. others control any urine smell so much that I don't smell it at all. so maybe you could try other brands? just a thought.

I wouldn't know if the diapers are causing it or not, but I doubt it. Of course I've been in public restrooms before. But the thing about them is, they don't smell like urine. Not usually. Many public restrooms are cleaned and maintained pretty well, and after a certain age, people start to clean up after themselves more often. I suppose I'm used to the smell of them, because when I walk inside, it smells about the same as the whole rest of the dorm: like male body odor. Which isn't a fantastic smell, but it's about all that this building smells like. It could also be the concentration or proximity of the urine to me. Some people get their kicks by smelling pants they've peed in or something like that, but I don't do it because I think it's gross. I walk around in a wet diaper for a little while, and any time I get a whiff it's amplified because of the closeness.

To tell the truth, I'm terrified to put another one on. For several reasons, including this one.

...it makes me kinda glad I bought sample packs and not whole packages or cases.

Quote Originally Posted by KuuKuu View Post
    and after a certain age, people start to clean up after themselves more often.
    I will have to very candidly disagree with you there. as someone who has worked in a number of jobs that revolve around service, retail and others when I was a bit younger (thankfully I no longer have to worry about that) I know for absolute certain that your belief is either misguided or just plain ignorant. maybe you've been lucky enough to not have to know better but I'm willing to put money down that an average across the board for late teens to at least early 30's, people and public restrooms are the absolute truth telling of just how disgusting and unclean most people really are. I have high respect for janitorial staff. as someone who travels a lot and spends a pretty good amount of time in southeast asia, you would be shocked that most restrooms here are dirtier and ugh, more 'fragrant' than a lot of places I've been where you only had a hole in the ground to squat over, and you learn that the locals carry around their own hand sanitizer and toilet paper for a reason. but I guess everyones experiences with such facilities are different. by the way, I find body odor to be far more unpleasant than urine. not sure how you can live with a heavy BO smell on a daily basis.

Whaaaaaat?! You describe yourself as a "diaper lover", but don't love diapers?! Banish yourself at once!

Maybe the pH neutralising stuff in the diaper is affecting the smell and a different diaper might not smell so bad... Maybe you could try not using your diapers...? Maybe pour in a little (odour-free!) warm water if you feel like it...

Anyway, hope you find some way to make it fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    I will have to very candidly disagree with you there. as someone who has worked in a number of jobs that revolve around service, retail and others when I was a bit younger (thankfully I no longer have to worry about that) I know for absolute certain that your belief is either misguided or just plain ignorant. maybe you've been lucky enough to not have to know better but I'm willing to put money down that an average across the board for late teens to at least early 30's, people and public restrooms are the absolute truth telling of just how disgusting and unclean most people really are. I have high respect for janitorial staff. as someone who travels a lot and spends a pretty good amount of time in southeast asia, you would be shocked that most restrooms here are dirtier and ugh, more 'fragrant' than a lot of places I've been where you only had a hole in the ground to squat over, and you learn that the locals carry around their own hand sanitizer and toilet paper for a reason. but I guess everyones experiences with such facilities are different. by the way, I find body odor to be far more unpleasant than urine. not sure how you can live with a heavy BO smell on a daily basis.
    People are disgusting, and I know this. In my observations over the past several years, people's abilities to clean up after themselves has increased. This does not mean that everything is all squeaky clean all the time, but from time to time, less/no urine on the seats, TP picked up and flushed; stuff like that. It's not that big a difference from say age 16 to age 26, but it's noticeable. But I do respect janitorial services and those who clean up after others in bathrooms and hallways and the like greatly. They aren't paid enough for the crap (literally) they have to put up with. Maybe I'm just young and haven't noticed everything yet. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by tiny
    Maybe the pH neutralising stuff in the diaper is affecting the smell and a different diaper might not smell so bad... Maybe you could try not using your diapers...? Maybe pour in a little (odour-free!) warm water if you feel like it...

Anyway, hope you find some way to make it fun!
    I've considered all of this in the past little while. I may try the water. If push comes to shove I probably will end up just not using them. It's not so bad, and there are others who don't use them. :/ I've just been investigating and interested so heavily in diapers over the past 6 years that I was a bit shocked when I wasn't absolutely blown away by wearing.