Thread: What's in a name?

Default What's in a name?

I browsed the page for a similar thread but didn't find anything that really matched this thought of mine.

I am a biological male, but I do crossdress and consider myself transgendered/ gender fluid. However, I've been having some difficulty and confusion about how to identify on forums lately. Generally IRL, if I am dressed en femme, I prefer my pronoun to be female and to be addressed by Crystal but I am also a bit concerned during those "purging" times how to be addressed. When I say purging, I mean taking a break from dressing up and not getting rid of all of my feminine clothing. Has anyone else had some issues/ confusion on how to be addressed on sissy or TG forums and how do you get through those times? I just need to ask because in some ways it tears me apart inside when I am going through my "ugly" phases.

Thanks!

Cant really give much advice for sissy forums but as far as tg forums/chatrooms are concerned, I tend to indicate my current mood and mindset in my first post/ comment of the day. Though if in doubt I've asked to be addressed by my feminine name and in the appropriate terms.
    As far as the chatrooms (irc included) go I tend to use actions to define it, eg. *flops on her amply padded tush* or *sprawls in his usual spot*

Well it i s hard for me to say as I don't truely ever purge aka I never go thru and dispose of my dress etc. My fem side though often peeking through I generall choose to be addressed as male in many arenas online and offline. This is to save confusion though my choice fem name Adela is just female form of my male name and sometimes but rarely I will use this name outside of a forum . As far as cycles many people go through them abd I think it is a matter of self acceptance and place function in your family and community roles. As male I more or less function in a communal role as a female already and thus never purge, I serve as the new role of the female in American society from what I can see that is that of a cornerstone a foundational member on which all family members and friends can rely to have open ear, a few words when needed, and a ready to hand to wholeheartedly assist when ever it is in the persons best interest. I am sorry if that seems a bit off topic but I thought it best define my perspective of my female role. When speaking about cycles, I can say as you better come to understand yourself these shockwaves tend spreadout and get less intense. Best of luck to you and to who ever you become male/female or a spirit of all things human, the limit only lies in your determination.

Quote Originally Posted by asayuu View Post
    When speaking about cycles, I can say as you better come to understand yourself these shockwaves tend spreadout and get less intense. Best of luck to you and to who ever you become male/female or a spirit of all things human, the limit only lies in your determination.
    As I've been claiming more of these cycles (I could spend a week going on about that topic lol) within my identity, it has gotten better. My growing conviction is that gender identity isn't static and it grows and evolves throughout a lifetime. I still remember some of the relief combined with the fear changing instilled in me. As I've found others who do the same as well as acceptance and understanding embracing my femininity is much more comfortable. The only real major setbacks have occurred when people take advantage of that to further their agenda. The chaos and drama is one area which I loathe now because inevitably I emerge scarred from it.

Also, I truly appreciate your statement about determination because that has definitely been a hallmark of this journey!

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Cant really give much advice for sissy forums but as far as tg forums/chatrooms are concerned, I tend to indicate my current mood and mindset in my first post/ comment of the day. Though if in doubt I've asked to be addressed by my feminine name and in the appropriate terms.
    As far as the chatrooms (irc included) go I tend to use actions to define it, eg. *flops on her amply padded tush* or *sprawls in his usual spot*
    Thank you. Your post was direct and I think I'm going to try that now. I appreciate your reply! Hugs.