Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incontinent and swim diapers

Default Incontinent and swim diapers

Hi everyone,
    I am just curious as to if any one who is IC has tried swim diapers. I am IC boh bladder and bowel and really missed swimming last year. So this year I am on th quest to find the best solution for swimming. Does anyone have a tried and true method of protection for swimming?

Drylife in the uk do just what you are looking for,but are rather slow on delivery. however the things i have had from them have been good quality and good value.

hi from what I have heard the swim diapers from Discovery Trekking are about the best out there.
    Here is a link XP Medical - Incontinence Supplies just scroll down the home page and you should find them.
    and happy swimming if you go with them.

About the only thing swim diapers are good for is poop. Honestly pee will just seep right out, but then again who doesn't pee in the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    hi from what I have heard the swim diapers from Discovery Trekking are about the best out there.
    Here is a link XP Medical - Incontinence Supplies just scroll down the home page and you should find them.
    and happy swimming if you go with them.
    With one of these types of Adult Swim Diapers, could you wear a regular diaper under it if you wanted to? Anyone have experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    With one of these types of Adult Swim Diapers, could you wear a regular diaper under it if you wanted to? Anyone have experience with this?
    from what I have read they are just fecal containment diapers. water leaks in I think.
    If you want a swim diaper that you can wear with a regular diaper, b4ns.com has swim suits that you wear a regular diaper under.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Regular diapers in pools is BIG no-no. We had a big pool once, and our neighbor brought the babies in (with diapers still on) the next morning the pool looked like someone dumped a TON of fish food in the pool. It threw off the PH and all the other chemicals. I'm fairly sure that an adult diaper would do the same, but not positive.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddysToxxicBabyGirl View Post
    Regular diapers in pools is BIG no-no. We had a big pool once, and our neighbor brought the babies in (with diapers still on) the next morning the pool looked like someone dumped a TON of fish food in the pool. It threw off the PH and all the other chemicals. I'm fairly sure that an adult diaper would do the same, but not positive.
    Imagine a diaper blowout in the bath tub and then it's basically the same thing in a pool, once they're saturated they burst and will clog up the pool which will cost the company time and money to fix. Swim diapers essentially act as a net for poop and nothing else, which is perfect for the pool. A real diaper still has the sap which is not good for a pool.

Peachy

As everyone else said: Pee is not the issue. You don't really want to know how many people just pee in the pool anyway, so it doesn't really matter if you do so consciously or because you're incontinent. Your worry is feces...you don't want to ruin the water with the fecal matter. There are two options
    (1) Make sure you don't have to go. I.e. empty your bowels before going to the pool, and if necessary, wear a butt plug of some sort. I'm sure there's instructions online on how to not have to go for a while. It's a bit of preparation, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't possible.
    (2) If (1) doesn't work, you will indeed need swim diapers. I reckon this is a bit more difficult for girls than for guys. Guys wear swimshorts anyway, so it's easy enough to hide a swim diaper underneath them. Swim diapers don't contain any absorbent material, but I reckon they're just very tight fitting pants with a loose middle to contain feces, so easily hidden under shorts: Girls on the other hand almost always wear rather skimpy swimsuits. Impossible to hide anything under those. That means you will attract people's attention more by wearing unusual clothing. People will wonder if you have something to hide.

Peachy

This: Special needs swim diapers, special needs swim wear | My Pool Pal
    The estore isn't up at the moment, bu you can get them all over the web -- SwimOutlet.com - The Web's Most Popular Swim Shop! men's and women's swimwear, swim gear, swim store will have them.
    I've use these before. They're basically poly-cloth underpants. they work well. Just make sure if you've an accident that you hop right out and clean up. bring a wet-bag and a spare pair and you can swim all day.