Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Why?

  1. #1

    Default Why?

    Hello, all. I am at a wierd place in life: I have been living on my own for a year and a few months, I have a great family, amazing friends, and a life that is very nice(usually).

    I know I have had this need to live as an Adult Baby ever since I was a young teen. I just want to know why.

    I want to grow up to show my family that I can make it in this world, something that so many doctors said I would never be able to do due to my disabilities.

    I have come a great long way, but I still don't understand why I have this need to regress, all I know is that when I regress, I am instantly soothed and calm.

    Is anyone willing to try and help me understand?

    Thank you for your time in reading this post. Have an amazing day!!

    babyjasmine

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babyjasmine View Post
    Hello, all. I am at a wierd place in life: I have been living on my own for a year and a few months, I have a great family, amazing friends, and a life that is very nice(usually).

    I know I have had this need to live as an Adult Baby ever since I was a young teen. I just want to know why.

    I want to grow up to show my family that I can make it in this world, something that so many doctors said I would never be able to do due to my disabilities.

    I have come a great long way, but I still don't understand why I have this need to regress, all I know is that when I regress, I am instantly soothed and calm.

    Is anyone willing to try and help me understand?

    Thank you for your time in reading this post. Have an amazing day!!

    babyjasmine
    That is The million dollar question for many I'm Speaking for others here but I still can't answer it myself.

    I Assume many others are wondering the same thing the more important question is being able to be OK and accept yourself And maybe you can find the answer Some day.

    I still have not found the answer for myself but when you accept it as a unique quality of yourself and not a "why"? you seem to be able to accept and find the answer much easier and cause your self far less stress as well.

  3. #3

    Default

    There really isn't an answer to why we have these feelings. It's kind of out of our control in my opinion! Whatever makes you happy and doesn't is beyond your control..it's just a natural feeling. I can't explain why I like sleeping on the left side of the bed, I can't explain why I freak out around needles...it's the same for ABism. there really isn't a way to explain why we have certain feelings towards things. Instead of questioning why it feels so right for me to be a baby and beating myself over it, I started trying to accept it. It makes me happy, it calms me down..so why not just embrace it?

  4. #4

    Default

    Yes, we've discussed cause in many, many threads. Probably something happened in our early childhood development that makes us want to revisit it again and again. Yours may be tied into growing up with disabilities. Mine, I suspect is because I was adopted at the age of 2. Since each one of us is a unique individual, it's not surprising that there may be varying causes.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyKayla View Post
    There really isn't an answer to why we have these feelings. It's kind of out of our control in my opinion! Whatever makes you happy and doesn't is beyond your control..it's just a natural feeling. I can't explain why I like sleeping on the left side of the bed, I can't explain why I freak out around needles...it's the same for ABism. there really isn't a way to explain why we have certain feelings towards things. Instead of questioning why it feels so right for me to be a baby and beating myself over it, I started trying to accept it. It makes me happy, it calms me down..so why not just embrace it?
    Thank you, BabyKayla! I really like how you put that. By the way, I am a Christian as well!

    ---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

    I never thought about those things. Maybe it's because I never really had a childhood. I was abused for a lot of my childhood. But, like BabyKayla said, Why not embrace it?

    ---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

    Hey, Sweetheart, I read your blog entitled "Mwop Mwop", and my boyfriend and I give you big hugs! I love you and I care about you.

    ---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

    BabyKayla, that last post was for you. I am still learning the system for this site.

  6. #6
    xtremekiller

    Default

    Why does anyone like any thing? Why do you like certain foods? Why does an average female prefer to look what they think is beautiful? Why are there people who like to touch hair? Why are there people who like to wear diapers? Why are there people who like to regress back to a young child? The average person's brain determines certain feelings and thoughts as either good or bad thoughts. For the most part, people on this forum find that diapers are a good feeling. In other words, they like diapers. It's the same for someone who thinks shoes are sexy (idk I am making something up, could be true though)
    Meaby the average person likes shoes this much :

    Good : Low----[]--Med------High

    Then the person described above

    Good : Low ------- Med ----[]--High

    The bars location is determined by the way ones brain operates. Unless your brain changes in these areas, these feelings will not change. So why not embrace the fact you have these feelings? (About diapers, not shoes ) If you ask me, embracing what one likes may help them stay away from other options such as drugs. some feelings may be brought on from past experiences such as Babykayla suggested, or are brought out by an experience of something you had not thought of. Don't be afraid to embrace these feelings. This is a great forum, there are tons of people who will support you if you need any help.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by xtremekiller View Post
    Why does anyone like any thing? Why do you like certain foods? Why does an average female prefer to look what they think is beautiful? Why are there people who like to touch hair? Why are there people who like to wear diapers? Why are there people who like to regress back to a young child? The average person's brain determines certain feelings and thoughts as either good or bad thoughts. For the most part, people on this forum find that diapers are a good feeling. In other words, they like diapers. It's the same for someone who thinks shoes are sexy (idk I am making something up, could be true though)
    Meaby the average person likes shoes this much :

    Good : Low----[]--Med------High

    Then the person described above

    Good : Low ------- Med ----[]--High

    The bars location is determined by the way ones brain operates. Unless your brain changes in these areas, these feelings will not change. So why not embrace the fact you have these feelings? (About diapers, not shoes ) If you ask me, embracing what one likes may help them stay away from other options such as drugs. some feelings may be brought on from past experiences such as Babykayla suggested, or are brought out by an experience of something you had not thought of. Don't be afraid to embrace these feelings. This is a great forum, there are tons of people who will support you if you need any help.
    Xtremekiller, you make very good points! I think I will just start embracing who I am and quit worrying about why I feel these things.

    Thank you also for how you put what you said. I am a very analytical person and the things you said are going to help me a lot with analyzing my feelings, meaning I am not going to analyze these feelings anymore(or at least try not to).

    I hope I did NOT waste your time, because you certainly did not waste mine.

    Thank you so much.

    babyjasmine

  8. #8
    xtremekiller

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babyjasmine View Post
    Xtremekiller, you make very good points! I think I will just start embracing who I am and quit worrying about why I feel these things.

    Thank you also for how you put what you said. I am a very analytical person and the things you said are going to help me a lot with analyzing my feelings, meaning I am not going to analyze these feelings anymore(or at least try not to).

    I hope I did NOT waste your time, because you certainly did not waste mine.

    Thank you so much.

    babyjasmine
    No problem at all. Just as a lot of people are doing, I am trying to help other people analyze there feelings and how they should deal with them. I may still be considered new to this forum but I have found it of great help when dealing with my problems and I am just trying to return the favor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.