Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: UK - Struggle to buy adult diapers? Parents? No home delivery? LOOK

  1. #1

    Default UK - Struggle to buy adult diapers? Parents? No home delivery? LOOK

    Hey guys, just had a good buying experience lately for adult nappies, whilst living in the UK :O! (Shock) This involved no postage to my house, no risk of parents receiving anything before i got home, no risk at all!

    It was simple enough to do. If you have a local pharmacy, or one a little further afield to lower the risk of knowing someone. Was rather easy, i phoned up a local Lloyds pharmacy and asked them to order a product in for me!

    Whilst on the phone, i explained what the item was, the name, size etc. The lady was really nice, checking if they had anything similar in the store at the time. After a short conversation she said she will order them in for me, asked what size, how many in the packet, confirmed the price! It was just perfect

    Fairly costly though, 18.00 for 28 Tena Slip Supers, but well worth it compared to squeezing into pampers or rubbish drynites!

    The delivery was amazing, she said it would be there the same day! Although i received a call later that day saying sorry, but the product won't be there till the next day (just about missed the latest time for delivery).

    So yea, i just gave my first name, and contact number.. Using my mobile phone. Walked in the next day, told them my name and what i was expecting. She kindly double wrapped the package and i paid with cash too! (No bank statements involved)


    So yea, i am half asleep and my english isn't too good at the moment haha, but if your current situation doesn't allow you to buy adult nappies in the UK easily, why not give this a try? Although it was scary on the phone, they we're so nice about it after a few minutes i wasn't worried what so ever. When i walked in, firstly waited a little for the shop to empty then they got it ready nice and discreetly. Couldn't have been any better!


    Hope this helps, adult size ones are far better!

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Although it was scary on the phone,
    ah, the memories.......
    just one question, though: why only the super and not maxi?

    btw, the price you paid isn't too bad. just checked and they work out at 21.82, direct from Tena (with delivery).

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    ah, the memories.......
    just one question, though: why only the super and not maxi?
    Worried about the maxi being too big, also a friend tried the Supers so just went for them... Then found out the Maxi packs only are 22 correct? Rather than the big packet of 28's! So hard to hide haha.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Then found out the Maxi packs only are 22 correct? Rather than the big packet of 28's! So hard to hide haha.
    maxi are 24 per pack (according to Tena site), but i'm sure my last were 21. hang on.......yep, 21 (just checked). anyhow, they're not much thicker than supers, until they're wetted, of course.

    btw, did you get asked if they were for you, when you rang the chemists? it's miles worse when you have to face those questions in person and when you get an overly helpful assistant who thinks they know what's best. one time, i thought i was going to be asked to put one on, to check for suitability!

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    maxi are 24 per pack (according to Tena site), but i'm sure my last were 21. hang on.......yep, 21 (just checked). anyhow, they're not much thicker than supers, until they're wetted, of course.

    btw, did you get asked if they were for you, when you rang the chemists? it's miles worse when you have to face those questions in person and when you get an overly helpful assistant who thinks they know what's best. one time, i thought i was going to be asked to put one on, to check for suitability!
    Luckily not, over the phone they just asked "Is it for a male or a female?" I just said male... acted cool when i collected as if it wasn't mine, simples

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Luckily not, over the phone they just asked "Is it for a male or a female?" I just said male... acted cool when i collected as if it wasn't mine, simples
    Now that would've thrown me completely! I would've said, "Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." for about five minutes before saying "female!" and running away!

    A tip'o'the hat to your forward thinking and outright balls at doing this, though!

  7. #7

    Default

    I'm sure I managed to get them cheaper from boots. Had a similar good experience ordering them in there.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
    I'm sure I managed to get them cheaper from boots. Had a similar good experience ordering them in there.
    May need to try them next time then, only used Lloyds because it was kind of local. Didn't mind paying 18, even though it's very expensive.. that did include delivery, commission too possibly. Well worth it compared to wearing pampers or drynites!

  9. #9

    Default

    This is how I first got my tena slips but I got them from a prescription because of medical issues.

    And I had to carry 4 bags of supers home because those were what arrived instead of the maxis.

    Didnt want to take the bus so I had to walk 2/3 miles with them.

    Now my parents know because I told them so I just get my mum to pick them up, still kinda embarrassing to talk about with her though.

    Sent from my xperia play.

  10. #10

    Default

    This is a good idea Tommy although Tena Slip Supers are actually available at large ASDA stores - same price 18.

Similar Threads

  1. My Friends Answered the Delivery for my Diapers!
    By Dolphins2011 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 13-Aug-2011, 02:30
  2. Obtaining Molicares with no home delivery
    By dprdinky in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-Feb-2009, 19:36
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-Jun-2008, 15:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.