Thread: Going to have surgery for my diverticulitis

Default Going to have surgery for my diverticulitis

I have been reading up on it & looks like one of the side effects could be rectal leakage. Has anyone here had a partial colectomy & did you have side effects from it?

A friend had one it was no big deal she was fine with it prep was the worse part you will be fine hugs

I guess the important words are "could be" - side effects always get listed but they don't always happen. I think that if there was a high chance of something like this being permanent your surgeon or their team would have mentioned it. It is not uncommon for this to happen during the recovery period but (in the experience of a family member0 it gets better quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I guess the important words are "could be" - side effects always get listed but they don't always happen. I think that if there was a high chance of something like this being permanent your surgeon or their team would have mentioned it. It is not uncommon for this to happen during the recovery period but (in the experience of a family member0 it gets better quite quickly.
    I go next month to see the surgeon. I am sure he will fill me in on all the details. Only info I got on the procedure was from medical sites & some testimonials from people that had it done. I am just a tad nervous I guess