View Poll Results: Which do you use most?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Desktop

14 35.00%
  • Laptop

25 62.50%
  • NEITHER! I just have a smartphone or some other gadgety apparatus

1 2.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you use most -- laptop or desktop?

Default What do you use most -- laptop or desktop?

It's another pointless poll!

Go on -- satisfy my curiosity! What do you use most - a laptop or desktop computer?

Wait, people still use desktops? Really? Why would you ever do that? You can't even sit on the couch watching tv with a desktop, let alone take it along somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Wait, people still use desktops? Really? Why would you ever do that? You can't even sit on the couch watching tv with a desktop, let alone take it along somewhere.
    Don't be silly, you can SSH + VNC from your phone

Laptop, my old desktop is really old. I might build myself a gaming desktop at some point, though.

Sent from my iPhone

Butterfly Mage

I mostly use my smartphone or Android tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    What are you thinking?! Why would you want to use a laptop and lose the ability to take it apart, upgrade it, and stick in extra fans?! 'Cos you always need extra fans.

Seriously, though, I hate using laptops (except for very brief surfing). I have a 24" screen (but it's too small -- I'm thinking of getting another one!), an ergonomic keyboard & mouse, and a proper desk and comfy chair. And I don't have a TV licence at the moment (and I didn't watch much TV before anyway -- there's never anything on!), so I'd rather sit in a proper office chair than on a sofa.

I do have a laptop and netbook, but only use them if I have guests or for when I'm away from home.

I can't believe laptops are "winning" by such a margin, though!

Thanks for voting!

It depends what I'm doing, but most of my home computer use is late at night on adisc. I'm in bed with my laptop doing that, so I spend most of my time on it. During the day, if I'm home, I'm usually on my desktop, and especially if I'm working on my novel. I have a big comfortable desk chair, and the big surround system is in the family room with the desktop. I'm just well equipped in that room.

literally, the only two 'gadgets' I own are my macbook and my iPhone. I don't have a tv, a desktop computer, a video game system, stereo (I do have a turntable and headphones) or anything else. I don't even have a desk in my room. my notebook is my everything. I honestly don't think I could even imagine owning a desktop computer anymore.

well... i would say laptop because that is all i have at the moment... But i am build a new tower that should be running next month so then my choice would swap from laptop to desktop. So till then i will not go clicky on the poll until that computer is built :P

My main computer is a Laptop hooked to my TeeVee, and I keep one on my couch and carry that one with me. I've got a desktop that hosts everything and acts as the hub for all of my information. On the go I keep a tablet and cell phone -- plus two moleskines

I have a decent Laptop, but I never use it cause of my god tier desktop.

Seriously, a core i7 liquid cooled at 5GHz, 24gb of ram, and dual GTX-570 TI's will destroy everything you throw it it