Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 2: Beaten before the rest of you even see it.

Default Rock Band 2: Beaten before the rest of you even see it.

Yeah, I'm just that awesome. I was able to snag a copy of Rock Band 2 from a family member who works at Gamestop as a district manager.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/771/img0130bs9.jpg
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9256/img0131tz1.jpg
    http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/619/img0137rl5.jpg

Well then. Moving on .

Score: 50 out of 10.

Think of Rock Band. Like it? Good. Now give it everything about Rock Band that you wanted. You know, Bass solos, buttload of songs, and the fact that if you're a hardcore GHer like I was, you won't have to suffice for Rock Band 1's original "Expert-that's-really-just-medium" difficulty. Easy is Easy, and Expert is Expert this time.

I won't go into *too much* detail, I don't want to cause a federal lawsuit or some crap. I really just wanted to gloat.

And -- I don't have Xbox live, so I didn't get to download any songs. Not to mention, I'd doubt they'd have them available anyway at this time.

So, discuss away. =D

damn, thats awsome man.

i never bought the first one, but i absolutly love it. i dont really have money for this one either, but is it worth getting the disc only if i just have the guitar???

all the Rock Band 1 gear is compatible with Rock Band 2. I just have the game, not the new instruments, and everything works just fine.

hmm...thnx. how many songs are in it? i know they keep on bragging that it will have the 'most songs ever' but i wast sure how many of those were going to have to be downloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    you're a hardcore GHer like I was, you won't have to suffice for Rock Band 1's original "Expert-that's-really-just-medium" difficulty. Easy is Easy, and Expert is Expert this time.
    As long as theres no retarded over-charting like Guitar Hero 3, I'm pleased.

Yeah, that pleased me that it didn't have worthless (albeit mad fun) songs like GH3's Dragonforce (again, fun as shit, but most if not nearly all people weren't able to even start it).

There *must* be at least 150 songs in the game. Also: be sure that you have a hard drive on your 360. The game uses game cache on the HD. Which is a good thing, because load times are really next to nothing.

I envy you so, so much mm3.

But! I shall have my copy soon. How is the difficulty this time around? Expert in the first game was a joke... but I did notice that as DLC continued, the songs did get harder and harder until they finally got challenging again. Hopefully this time I'll actually have to try?

There's 84 songs on the disc originally, but if you rent Rock Band 1, you can transfer 55 songs from it. Also, DLC is forwards compatible. Which rawks for me, because I have 51 DLC songs.

Like I said before, they fixed the difficulty. Easy is easy, and Expert is expert.

Anyway, I was browsing around Rock Band 2's new "Battle of the Bands" feature where all Xbox LIVE players (even Silver members!) would play songs/playlists for odd rewards and a spot on the scoreboard. I was surprised to know that there were ~1,500 people who already have the game! Pretty strange. But anyway, this feature does the following:

There's a number of playlists, like 8-10 at a time. After a certain amount of time, the old ones go away and new ones appear. This happens over and over again, always different time periods -- it probably depends on the difficulty/occasion of the gig. So, the starter ones that were on Xbox LIVE (and/or Rock Band Central -- which my band name is OpFor) had two that made me "lol". Here's pictures of them (sorry for crappy quality, CRT + Digital Camera = phail):

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6262/img0144xb8.jpg
    http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8346/img0145mh3.jpg

There's 84 songs on the disc originally, but if you rent Rock Band 1, you can transfer 55 songs from it. Also, DLC is forwards compatible. Which rawks for me, because I have 51 DLC songs.
    This is true.