Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why did depends go grey with their diapers? i loved th white ones

Default why did depends go grey with their diapers? i loved th white ones

Was just wondering why they did that..i wish I could still get the white ones

it's because having them be white made them look more like baby diapers. Adding color makes them look more like regular underwear.

Plus, I don't think this affected anything other then their pull-on styles. Depends fitted maxium protection are still white as far as I know. Not that they are good if you release anything more then a few drops at a time.

Hell, if you've been around long enough, you remember the sick institutional green color that depends used to be. Anything was an improvement over that.

funseeker

Depends has a variety of colors now in the underwear line. The grey stripes, green, and others are designed to all to look like regular underwear. I wore one of the grey stripped this week to see my doctor and nothing was said. It is my least favorite diaper and unless they are on clearence I will not buy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    Hell, if you've been around long enough, you remember the sick institutional green color that depends used to be. Anything was an improvement over that.
    My second pack of diapers i had when i was 16 were the depends overnight green ones. They were so freaking loud it sounded like you were wearing a garbage bag full of leaves. I really enjoyed the product better back then, but i gotta agrer with you, the color was lacking.

The manufacturers seem obsessed with making their products "underwear like", i.e. coloured and cloth-like rather than white and plastic like people's image of a nappy. The thing is, if you're wearing padded underwear that you wet in then nothing's going to change the feeling that it is a nappy, so they should concentrate on making it absorbent and leak-proof etc. It's a shame the industry seems to be going down the image over performance route.

My 85 year-old father would not wear depends...said they were for old men....until I bought the grey ones for him. Now he wants more. THANKS! It's great the company is going down the image route.

So even when you get to 85 you don't consider yourself as old? I guess as long as there's someone older...

I suppose if it encourages people to wear then because they're less like a nappy/diaper it's fair enough, as long as it's not at the expense of performance, and as long as they still make them for those of us who want them to look like nappies!

Quote Originally Posted by nj78 View Post
    So even when you get to 85 you don't consider yourself as old? I guess as long as there's someone older...
    Your only as old as you feel