Thread: Cleaning/digging your ears?

Default Cleaning/digging your ears?

Does anyone else like cleaning out their ears either with Q-tips or going hardcore with ear picks?

Ear pick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I heard about it on a old episode of Tosh.O when he went to a fetish convention. So I tried it out with Q-tips but then moved onto using clean unfolded paper clips. Yeah that could be dangerous and I think I may have bumped my ear drum before but I pullout directly after I feel *any* sort of pain.

Also I heard ear wax is there to prevent things getting into your ear's like viruses and other crud like that. Pretty much exactly what snot does too, Hench why both are sticky and thick. So I doubt it's not meant to be trifled with but at the same time with the proximity of Ear to brain, it feels great sometimes to me.

I only normally do this once or twice a week. Mostly when bored watching TV.

They say you shouldn't put anything into your ears, but I use Q-tips. However, about two weeks ago, the cotton came off the Q-tip and nicked the inside of my ear. During the middle of school, blood suddenly started to drip out of my ear. I kept getting tissue paper and had to continuously stuff it into my ear. It bled for a whole day.

I tried to Q-tip a week later, and the inside seemed to be swollen. I will go a lot easier from here on.

I use q-tips and an ear pick. I wear earplugs at work and found that if I don't clean them regularly they get very irritated and it hurts to put in plugs.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

@Dogboy
    did you get the cotton out?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    I use q-tips and an ear pick. I wear earplugs at work and found that if I don't clean them regularly they get very irritated and it hurts to put in plugs.
    I wear hearing aids sometimes, so earwax can build up if I don't clean inside often too.

I like to clean my ears too usually after the shower when it's the easiest to clean with Q-Tip. I am already deaf so I don't care if my eardrums get damaged or not... lol. But again, it wouldn't be good for my health anyway.

They say that the biggest thing that you should put in your ears your elbow. Other then that, stay clear.

However, whilst i don't use anything specific to clean my ears just running some water in your ears when you are in the shower is more then enough to clean them out. And i find that it will clean my ears out enough that i don't have a problem. Besides, the ears have their own self-cleaning ability so its not like you really need to do anything to clean them out.

I use Q-tips after every shower, feels too good. But I never go past the first part of cartilage.

I've had fungus growing in my ears for about two years now. It's kinda my fault that it hasn't gone away by not using the drops like I'm supposed to and as often. But I constantly have itchy ears and usually need to clear the gunk out of my ears. I've used bobby pins, Q-tips, fingers, paper clips and even my DS stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek61 View Post
    They say that the biggest thing that you should put in your ears your elbow. Other then that, stay clear.

However, whilst i don't use anything specific to clean my ears just running some water in your ears when you are in the shower is more then enough to clean them out. And i find that it will clean my ears out enough that i don't have a problem. Besides, the ears have their own self-cleaning ability so its not like you really need to do anything to clean them out.
    it's 'the smallest thing you should stick in your ear is your elbow', not the 'largest'; now, everybody, check to see if your elbow will fit in your ear.......
    other than that, in total agreement. if any probs, a warm salt-water solution can be used to soften the wax and to flush it out (but don't flush it if you're cack-handed or else you may damage your yourself permanently).

Thanks for the correction :P Didn't realise what i had said till you just pointed it out. It was just one of those days when i posted that.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    I like to clean my ears too usually after the shower when it's the easiest to clean with Q-Tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    I use Q-tips after every shower, feels too good.
    I use Q-tips as well after the shower, but not after every shower. I sometimes go a few days before cleaning using the Q-tip after a shower again.