Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad habit O.o

Default Bad habit O.o

I have a rather bad habbit, it really doesent belong anywere, I bite my nail's to the extent there's none left, An im stoping the habbit, But tend to try biteing other things its a realy bad habbit extremely unhealthy an it's so hard to stop, ive been doing it since my uncle died, in 2007? i dont remember long time ago, but it's realy hard to stop any suggestion's?

I used to have the same habit. I hate fingernails, so anytime they got a bit long, I would bite them off.

Eventually, it started messing with my teeth. So, I carry around a small set of nail clippers anywhere I go. They're typically inexpensive, around $0.99, and I keep one in the car, one at my desk...basically, anywhere I might end up getting fixated on them and feel the urge to bite.

It seems to have worked. I haven't bitten them in a few years now.

i would do that but bringing them to school an just biting the hell out of them i believe people would call me a freak x.x not that it would realy bother me, just i would proubly get even more addictive to biting my nails :l i mostly started cus i scartched my cousent like 50 times, made him bleed, then his dad died which made me a bit depressed about what i said so i made sure my nails dident grow enough to hurt someone but x.x a bit a problem it hurts alot when there bitten cus i bite them till i bleed usualy

I'm just waiting for Peachy to show up suggesting a teething ring now -.-

But really, biting things isn't an overly bad habit (for the record, I thought that said Hobbit in the title ) like smoking or something like it would be. I'd say keep the nails clipped off and have some gum o...something around for you to chew on. I've been known to chew on pencils It's not really much of a bad habit...just keeps breaking my pencils earlier >.<

chewing nails is a very bad health hazard or w/e it weakens your imune system alot, because you tracking dirt into your mouth an all of the diseases that come with it, ive been told to stop many time's im a freak in the way that the taste keeps me going, it keeps a addiction as if a smoker whom been smoking for years trying to stop but the nicotine keeps him/her going x.x it realy sucks

teddybear206

Quote Originally Posted by Crel View Post
    I have a rather bad habbit, it really doesent belong anywere, I bite my nail's to the extent there's none left, An im stoping the habbit, But tend to try biteing other things its a realy bad habbit extremely unhealthy an it's so hard to stop, ive been doing it since my uncle died, in 2007? i dont remember long time ago, but it's realy hard to stop any suggestion's?
    well i would say maybe if your at home buy a chew toy and chew it ive done that as it works well, but in class or at work just chew like a pen , somethink that wont make a mark in.

ok im trying to convince ma mum to buy me one i dont wanna waste ma cash xDD Or i could prob get a good friend to lol xD doubt that

I've been biting my nails since I was a kid, and like you I would love to stop. I've tried hot pepper spray which helped for a few days but I love hot spicy stuff so that's didn't last anytime

It's so hard, but im mostly stoping because... If i get a girlfriend which ive had before, she never asked but what if one does, an when i move in with my abdl mommy what if she ask's im too embarassed to say anything, someone's asked me before i just shut myself down an hid away in my thoughts its pretty embarrasing to be asked, i mean its just something i started instead of crying i would bite my nails viciously :L

I have same bad habit too. Always biting my nails and I still do. It's too hard for me to quit. =( That way, I never able to grow my nails beautifully, sadly.