Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't decide between M3 or M4 & Other Abena questions

Gunny

Default Can't decide between M3 or M4 & Other Abena questions

Ok well, up until now I have only been able to wear store brands. So let me explain my situation then I will ask a few questions =).

I am a teen (17) I'm muscularly built (I'm 6'2 and weigh 195 [not fat, just like to lift weights], the largest section of my waist is 39 inches and that’s at the top of my hip bone but the smallest size I got is 34 inches so I'm lost here). Due to my parents finding out and me coming clean and going and seeing a Ph.D. in Psy. And getting good news that it's not that strange and sexual fetishes are … ya-dah ya-dah ya-dah & so long as I keep it private its fine! So I'm going to ask my mother if I can order online!

I have a job so money isn't a problem for me but using my debit card online is so I will have to either use $100 of amazon gift cards I have from gifts over the years, or barrow my mom’s credit-card (with her permission of course) and transfer her the money from my debit account (long story short paying isn't the problem). but I'm unsure on how to talk to my mom about this, she is very supportive and so long as I'm happy and not hurting myself (Or leaving wet diapers hidden in my room for her to find when she cleans [how I got caught =/]) she doesn't have a problem with it.

I've lurked around here for a while and I've read the articles and have decided that I think I want to try the Abena Abri-Form plastic backed briefs (I didn't like the goodnights cloth exterior all that much, but I like the feel of the depends max protection so I figured plastic was the way to go).

I only like to pee in my diapers and it seems that after reading on here I tend to wait till my bladder is full then flood which I'm going to try to stop doing now that I know that’s why they leak so often. I only wear at home and for short periods of time, I have no intention of anytime longer than 6 hours of wearing, I enjoy the feeling of a thick diaper (wet or dry) but I cannot decide between the M3's or the M4's. (That was really strange to say luckily this is the internet).

According to XPMedical Abena's page, When ordering a case of M3's you get 88 for $86.95. But with the M4's you only get 42 for $59.95 which is $1.42 per diaper vs. the M3's which are only $.98 per diaper and you get a lot more. I'm just looking to get the most enjoyment for the best deal.

Questions:
    What is the difference between M3 and M4 (size, thickness, wet, . . . ect) I've read the XPMedical but if the M1's are like depends I want better than that =P?
    How can you tell from the packaging if you are getting the latest version of the product or left over stock? I’ve heard about problems with past versions if you know of any please post or post pictures explaining the differences in the packaging
    Do you guys agree I'm a medium size? I’ve heard they are a little larger then they say
    Are the M4's much thicker than the M3’s?
    Is there anywhere that offers better prices?
    Amazon… can I order cases off Amazon?
    Or any recent defective batches that I should wait till inventory clears to order?
    How can I talk to my mom about ordering online?
    I’ve only ever used the Depends max protection as far as adult diapers and they have 3 tapes, how do you do two? O_o

Also please post anything else that maybe I missed or forgot that’s relevant.

Also when posting if you have any pictures, I am a very visual person so I like to be able to see what you’re talking about, but don’t feel like you have to =P

Sorry I know that is a lot but I've never ordered online all of this is new to me, I didn't even realize there were better brands online and now I’m excited to get some.

Thanks in advance guys I’ll be looking to see what you guys post frequently.

The M4 at 1/2" dry thickness is far thicker than the M3, hence why you get less in a pack (the packs are all the same dimensions as each other)
    When wet, the M4 swells to 1.4" thick.
    The M3 holds 2900ml of fluid, the M4 holds 3600ml.

The plastic backed Abena X-Plus is a good choice...it's what I prefer to use. You are probably a Medium for sure. I have about a 39 inch waist, and the M4's are just big enough without being too tight...I'm kind of in the grey area between M4 and L4. So your fit should be right, it just depends on how much you want to be able to wet. As far as M3 or M4, the M4 should hold more than the M3. I will usually get 3 big wettings and several small wettings with an M4. After 3 wettings don't try to flood them or you're probably going to leak. You state that you only want to wet, so I won't go into mess performance.

Price wise...I usually get mine from eBay...sometimes you can get a package of 14 for USD 19.99. XP does have pretty good prices for the cases, but again once in a great while you can get a case of M4's for under USD 50.00 on eBay. I have not ordered a case from XP, just sample packs, so I cannot tell you about their shipping on cases.

Good luck to you.

Dave

Gunny

Oh wow, I didn't realize they held so much. I'm still thinking about going with the M3's tho because I don't very often get the chance to wear for longer than a few hours and I'd rather have ones that are more practical from that stand point. Seems to me the M3's still have a pretty high capacity am I wrong?

the abena line is a great set of products and depending on what you want cost/ absorbency and such you have many choices. if you need to order from them XP accepts paypal which you should be able to use with a debit card or bank account which is what i use.
    as far as M3 or M4 it depends on how thick you want it vs the costs. if you want something decent but not too thick the M3 with a abrilet normal booster is great otherwise the M4 are thick and absorbent but you do get less per pack/ case. as far as case shipping cost XP does free shipping on all cases. if you do get the M3 and boosters you have to pay like $5 for shipping not really that bad.

Ive ordered from Xp recently got the M3 which will fit you fine and I have to say the plastic shell has improved in the batch that I received as there are no pinhole leaks
    if you do tend to flood you may want to get a pair of plastic pants also preferably lined ones so you don't leak when you sit. if you want to be a bit more discrete the M3 and a pair of the discovery trekking Velcro pants are well worth the price just be sure to get the proper size you might be a large for them.

Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    the abena line is a great set of products and depending on what you want cost/ absorbency and such you have many choices. if you need to order from them XP accepts paypal which you should be able to use with a debit card or bank account which is what i use.
    as far as M3 or M4 it depends on how thick you want it vs the costs. if you want something decent but not too thick the M3 with a abrilet normal booster is great otherwise the M4 are thick and absorbent but you do get less per pack/ case. as far as case shipping cost XP does free shipping on all cases. if you do get the M3 and boosters you have to pay like $5 for shipping not really that bad.

Ive ordered from Xp recently got the M3 which will fit you fine and I have to say the plastic shell has improved in the batch that I received as there are no pinhole leaks
    if you do tend to flood you may want to get a pair of plastic pants also preferably lined ones so you don't leak when you sit. if you want to be a bit more discrete the M3 and a pair of the discovery trekking Velcro pants are well worth the price just be sure to get the proper size you might be a large for them.
    Great! Thanks! I've never really thought about boosters at all or used them before, I suppose might be somthing I should look into?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Great! Thanks! I've never really thought about boosters at all or used them before, I suppose might be something I should look into?
    definitely look into boosters they can add a lot of absorbency to any diaper. the costs are not that bad either especially from XP medical and a lot of other sites. since you are in the medium range if you get the abrilet Maxi boosters you need to actually stuff the booster into the diaper and not lay it between the leak guards on top as from my experience it will leak as the leak guards don't have a chance to work. the maxi boosters also add a lot of bulk and absorbency which is nice for overnight. the normal boosters can be layed right between the guards without impeding them and still provide a bit more absorbency though nothing compared to the maxi ones.

Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    definitely look into boosters they can add a lot of absorbency to any diaper. the costs are not that bad either especially from XP medical and a lot of other sites. since you are in the medium range if you get the abrilet Maxi boosters you need to actually stuff the booster into the diaper and not lay it between the leak guards on top as from my experience it will leak as the leak guards don't have a chance to work. the maxi boosters also add a lot of bulk and absorbency which is nice for overnight. the normal boosters can be layed right between the guards without impeding them and still provide a bit more absorbency though nothing compared to the maxi ones.
    Hmm, I might just try the M3's by themselves at first since im used to a much less absorbent product I think they will be great. Though I like the idea of being able to add a booster.

The M3 would probably be a good choice given what you are saying. I wear overnight, so the M4 is best for me.

Apart from the difference in thickness, the padding in the front of the M4 is spread out further into the sides. So, it's better at night if you wet on your side, and more noticeable as you walk (which I like -- the fitting is good, so you don't waddle!), but still discreet enough to wear out (under slightly loose-fitting jeans).

The M3 is as about as absorbent as other maximum absorbency nappies, but the M4 goes beyond that.

Personally I'd go for the M4s, but the M3s might be better if money is a factor and you're not going to use the M4s to their full capacity...