Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay to Use Airplane Toilet

funseeker

Default Pay to Use Airplane Toilet

Today an added fee is charged on almost everything by the airline industry. A pay-to-use the in-flight toilets has been considered by some airlines. How would you deal with this? Maybe tokens?
    I am not sure what the status is of this proposal but it been in the news. Some smaller connecting airlines currently do not have any toilet facilities on airplanes in Western USA.
    How could anyone fly without a diaper?

I would think in the US that would be illegal, I know some states have laws against "customer only" toilets, and that if you have a public restroom all can use it customer or not. Plus since the people on the plan are hostage for the duration I would think that such an act would be illegal.

Yea Im pretty sure that wouldnt fly in the US, (pun intended)

But if it did, diapers for sure.

I can see it now, The hudson news stores in the airports will have diapers on the shelf. XD

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    I can see it now, The hudson news stores in the airports will have diapers on the shelf. XD
    Well, Singapore's Changi Airport does sell adult diapers. Proper ones too; premium brands plus some random Asian brands.

I'm pretty sure this would be illegal, but once people start breaking into the bathrooms and/or messing/wetting themselves or a random part of the plane it would go away really quickly. But if diapers are the alternative, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world (for us at least, hehe).

I'd much rather deal with snakes on a plane than accidents on a plane.

I imagine that regulatory issues are likely to prevent this from happening in the US. IIRC, regulatory issues stopped Ryanair from instituting pay-per-use toilets in the EU, where pay-per-use public toilets are actually fairly common.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    I imagine that regulatory issues are likely to prevent this from happening in the US. IIRC, regulatory issues stopped Ryanair from instituting pay-per-use toilets in the EU, where pay-per-use public toilets are actually fairly common.
    The reason Slime Air tried to do that was to do with turnaround time. The tanks have to be emptied and this takes time, they can otherwise turn around a plane in twenty minutes. A common con to get away without emptying the tanks it for the chauffeur to twitch the controls + declare turbulence and everybody must remain in their seats with seatbelts fastened.

There is a surcharge on everything else, why not dippers?

Has nobody considered that a nappy may be more expensive than just paying for the toilet?