Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: other faiths and DL/AB?

  1. #1

    Default other faiths and DL/AB?

    Does it seem as if we have only Judea/Christian, pagan, or agnostic/atheist?

    I wonder how many Muslim DL/AB their are?

    Does anyone have insight on this?

  2. #2

    Default

    I imagine the fact that this is an English speaking board probably has something to do with the bias.

  3. #3

    Default

    Well I do not follow it religiously but I enjoy Taoist philosophy.
    Currently Atheist though.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    I imagine the fact that this is an English speaking board probably has something to do with the bias.
    Ditto.

    The membership of this board is largely from the English-speaking world: USA, UK, Oceania, and English-speakers on mainland Europe. There's not a lot of overlap between the membership of this community and people who don't speak English. Most of the Muslim world doesn't speak English. I would hazard a guess that most speak Arabic and Indonesian. So in other words, the answer to the question posed by this thread is identical to the answer of why we don't have more Arabic and Indonesian-speaking members.

  5. #5

    Default

    The language barrier occurred to me to but than I see that i am having conversations with Russians, Greeks, heck even Peachy is speaks auf deutsch as his primary language. Add into that we have thousands and thousands of Muslim (for example) English speakers in the Western World so yes i do think language plays a major factor but not the primary one. I am leaning towards cultural influence and i wish I could get the school to pay me to do a micro-ethnography on the AB/DL culture to perhaps identify some cultural models that influence people becoming AB or DL. I am ashamed to say, i am afraid of what might happen if I submitted a research request of this nature, If I get outed, i may very loose my career.... I know, coward comes to mind, but I have a kid with another on the way.

  6. #6
    acorn

    Default

    The Muslim faith is assuredly no stranger to England or Ireland. My on personal take on it is that individualism of any description it not encouraged within that faith. A diaper fetish would be as well received as homosexuality, something to be sought out and expunged. I have no doubt that all of our wishey-washey liberalists will be shaking with rage that somebody could make such sweeping statements, but then we all don’t live in ivory towers.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    The language barrier occurred to me to but than I see that i am having conversations with Russians, Greeks, heck even Peachy is speaks auf deutsch as his primary language. Add into that we have thousands and thousands of Muslim (for example) English speakers in the Western World so yes i do think language plays a major factor but not the primary one. I am leaning towards cultural influence and i wish I could get the school to pay me to do a micro-ethnography on the AB/DL culture to perhaps identify some cultural models that influence people becoming AB or DL. I am ashamed to say, i am afraid of what might happen if I submitted a research request of this nature, If I get outed, i may very loose my career.... I know, coward comes to mind, but I have a kid with another on the way.
    Let me ask this: say there's no danger of being outed. How would such a proposal be received? I think your biggest risk in such a project would be suddenly and noticeably knowing way more about our community than there is in the current literature (zilch). However, I remember an article I read a few years ago that was similar. There was a woman fascinated by zoophilia who wanted to do some research on the zoophilia community. Such a community exists, but it's a secretive one as a matter of necessity. In it, she said that though there was some skepticism at first, she simply found some bestiality forums internet, put her name out, and lots of people were contacting her once they found out that someone actually wanted to paint an unbiased picture of a little-studied community. She learned that zoophiles are generally well-adjusted people, strongly value animal welfare, and weren't sexual predators. She even went to a gathering or two and found everyone to be nice and congenial and not unlike someone who would be stocking cans at a grocery store or working in a cubicle for a large company. I can see if I can find it again, if you'd like. But considering the ABDL community is less secretive, I'm sure you'd be able to find research material.

    Of course, I wouldn't question you for not doing it due to your fears. They're certainly valid.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    Does it seem as if we have only Judea/Christian, pagan, or agnostic/atheist?

    I wonder how many Muslim DL/AB their are?

    Does anyone have insight on this?
    Well, while I can't estimate the number of Muslim ABDLs out there...I can say that I am one! There is nothing in ABDLism that is anti-Islam, unless one forgets Allah when he/she is participating in infantilist activities. After all, diapers are just another form of underwear, really. As long as you stay clean, and remember to pray, it's 'all good'. In fact, for some time I had an 'online daddy' who was Saudi. Sooooooooo.... :-)



    Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    Ditto.

    The membership of this board is largely from the English-speaking world: USA, UK, Oceania, and English-speakers on mainland Europe. There's not a lot of overlap between the membership of this community and people who don't speak English. Most of the Muslim world doesn't speak English. I would hazard a guess that most speak Arabic and Indonesian. So in other words, the answer to the question posed by this thread is identical to the answer of why we don't have more Arabic and Indonesian-speaking members.
    Actually there are 1.7 Billion Muslims in the world, and more than 1 Billion of those are in Asia Pacific (primarily Malaysia and also to a lesser degree Indonesia). There are about 1/2 a billion in the Middle East/North Africa who speak Arabic, the rest are scattered around the globe. That said, most Muslims speak English as their second language. While it appears that some 30% of Muslims are from Middle East/North Africa, only about 20% of Muslims actually speak Arabic as their first language. Other than for daily prayer or Qur'anic recitations most of the other 80% do not speak Arabic at all.



    Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    The Muslim faith is assuredly no stranger to England or Ireland. My on personal take on it is that individualism of any description it not encouraged within that faith. A diaper fetish would be as well received as homosexuality, something to be sought out and expunged. I have no doubt that all of our wishey-washey liberalists will be shaking with rage that somebody could make such sweeping statements, but then we all don’t live in ivory towers.
    As a Muslim, I can assure you that unlike homosexuality, wearing a diaper only becomes an issue of the diaper wearer makes the diaper more important than his duty to Allah. Like homosexuality, ABDLs do exist in the Muslim world (I'm living proof of that). However, as a general rule, Muslims tend to keep to themselves. I was a member of this group BEFORE I became a Muslim, so I just sort of stayed around. That said, the aforementioned 'online daddy' was born Muslim (Saudi), and had no issues incorporating 'baby playtime' into his daily life. :-)

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Actually there are 1.7 Billion Muslims in the world, and more than 1 Billion of those are in Asia Pacific (primarily Malaysia and also to a lesser degree Indonesia). There are about 1/2 a billion in the Middle East/North Africa who speak Arabic, the rest are scattered around the globe. That said, most Muslims speak English as their second language. While it appears that some 30% of Muslims are from Middle East/North Africa, only about 20% of Muslims actually speak Arabic as their first language. Other than for daily prayer or Qur'anic recitations most of the other 80% do not speak Arabic at all.
    Thanks! I actually knew this, but off the top of my head I thought that Indonesia was the epicenter of Muslim residency (not Malaysia).

  10. #10

    Default

    The largest Muslim populations are in Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Egypt, Nigeria, Iran, Turkey.....
    List of countries by Muslim population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "The weird thing is, since 9/11 there are no other religions any more - just Jews, Christians, Muslims... seems like no-one's asked the Hindus what they think for years.."
    - David Aaronovitch

    The Big Little Podcast did a show on Religion that was pretty interesting Episode 28 – Religion and Age Play The Big Little Podcast

    We are an English speaking board, and we draw almost exclusively from European and European off-shoot societies - however we know that ABDL (or ABDL like) fetishes are exist in Japan, China, Singapore and in other countries.

    I think that cultural context probably does play a role in what and how people's sexuality / fetishes play out, however I don't think that religion is really that important, unless conservative morality stops you from sexual expression in general. I also seem to remember a rather conservative minded Christian on this very site a while back, advertising for a partner to provide mutual support for abstinence from diapers, as he believed they were a distraction from faith. That's an extreme case, there are plenty of Christians on here who are happy to practice, and a liberal Muslim would probably feel the same way.

    It may be there are few representatives of "non-European" faiths on ADISC for the same reasons as there are relatively few non-white ADISCers... and uncomfortable thought though it might be for us here to entertain, maybe a board full of white people is not a comfortable environment for non-white / Muslim /Hindu/Sikh ect people to discuss something as delicate as their sexuality.
    I don't say I know this is true, (how could I) but I see it as a possible explanation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.