Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Downloadable Computer Games

Default Free Downloadable Computer Games

I decided to post some of the free computer games i found online, and post any others that are not on the list.

The Link Digg - 100 of the Best Legal Full Version Games You Can Download Online

Yay! Free and legal games!
    Good find!

Mod note: If anyone starts plugging illegal downloads, I might have to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    Yay! Free and legal games!
    Good find!

Mod note: If anyone starts plugging illegal downloads, I might have to kill them.

Define, 'kill'

Secret

Sweet to bad I cant get most of them to run on my macbook, it makes me oh so sad face : (

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post
    Sweet to bad I cant get most of them to run on my macbook, it makes me oh so sad face : (
    The reason no games are designed for mac's is since Mac's are still less then 10% of the computer population. Even if every mac user bought a game the publisher would sell more copies buy letting it be on Windows. Hench why you rarely ever see real computer games on mac's.

There are missing some very important ones as far as I see.
    - Warsow ( warsow.net ) a fast, quake like fps
    - Battle for Wesnoth ( http://wesnoth.org (seems down atm, wiki)), fantasy turn-based strategy

Both very well done.
    Oh and C&C Red Alert (1) is for free now, but its quite old.

/e oh and they run on OS X since they are open source. Warsow still beta on mac, but it should work without problems by now.

i'll add the links in a few but you should be able to find most of these on download.com and all are great freeware textbased strategies

Chart Wars 3 (record label sim/strat)

Extreme Warfare Revenge (still one of the best free text based wresting strategy games)

GameBiz and GameBiz 2 (great strategy sims of the gaming industry, also text based)

I don't remember where exactly I saw the link, but there is a copy of SimCity 2000 for Mac downloadable from the EA web site. It requires Classic or a pre-OS X version of Mac OS, but still is fun even a decade and a half after it was first released.

yeah I got lucky with that find, and also I was hoping that people would post more games.