Thread: Soaking Abena Diapers

funseeker

Default Soaking Abena Diapers

How much do you have to drink to soak an Abena M4? Do you wear the diaper till it leaks? Considering the cost of one diaper I'm thinking everyone fills it to the point of leaking before changing. Am I correct?
    Any tips on saving money by wearing a Abena M4 with booster pads all day long?
    Is it better just to wear a cheaper diaper during the day?

If you're going to wear them all day, it's definitely worth wearing them to the point of leaking. It takes 3 - 4 FULL wettings for me to get to that point. Generally, I'll wear a Goodnite backwards (as to have the padding in the right place, since they're designed for smaller anatomy) and use that as the booster. If you want, you can even use a knife to cut small slits in the plastic of the Goodnite.

I think they're meant to be more of an overnight kind of deal. I'd think incontinent people would limit their drinking throughout the day so it isn't an issue. They're also expensive. So don't stick your mouth under a Coca-Cola spigot and drink until you throw up and expect it to last more than a few hours.

beachboy42

I managed to leak out of a M4 after 1 wetting when waking up. Probably I peed too fast. lol

But It's still a great diaper, the M4.

I want to puit my mouth under a coca cola spigot thatd be so cool :O

Quote Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
    How much do you have to drink to soak an Abena M4?
    The medium, plastic-backed ones have an absorbency of 3600ml, so (without knowing much about biology), I guess you'd be able to drink (or take in via food) a bit more than that to account for any water that your body actually uses or converts to water vapour (sweat, moisture on your breath, etc.). Assuming that you have an empty bladder to start with...

Do you wear the diaper till it leaks? Considering the cost of one diaper I'm thinking everyone fills it to the point of leaking before changing. Am I correct?
    Most of the time. If I suddenly need to go and think I'll flood an almost-dry diaper (wasting it), I'll undo the top tapes and use the loo. And I wouldn't stay in a dirty nappy for too long even if it wasn't completely wet. Also, if I have something that I want to do without a diaper on, I'll take it off if it's only been half-used, but otherwise it makes sense to "use it to the MAX" (as someone on another thread put it!)

Any tips on saving money by wearing a Abena M4 with booster pads all day long?
    Is it better just to wear a cheaper diaper during the day?
    In terms of expense, I'd guess that it would be cheaper to use M4s all the time (they cost about 85p each, whereas much lower capacity diapers aren't much cheaper -- although we don't get cheap "own label" brands in supermarkets over here, so I don't know how cost-effective they might be).

The problem with wearing M4s is that, to get maximum use out of them, you'd need to wear them for longer, which would increase the risk of noticeable odours! Obviously, they're also bulkier. So maybe not great for wearing around other people...

If you want a diaper you can really soak the crap out of id go cloth (if you arent worried about hiding). Right after i have defecated ill put on my super cloth diaper (layered so thick it can take an entire wetting without plastic pants and not show any wetness). I wear locking plastic pants because i like that side kink and for us both it would help us stay o use all the diaper. Also they are free to use other than laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crel View Post
    I want to puit my mouth under a coca cola spigot thatd be so cool :O
    When I get rich I will have spigots of all kinds of soda, and I will totally put my mouth under all of them because that is just a great thing to do. And I know everyone would do it if they could!