Thread: Intro of awesomeness! :D

Default Intro of awesomeness! :D

So I sadly seem to have forgotten about this site completely. Fear not, though, as I remembered it and, due to being more comfortable about this, I'm here posting in introduction!

So yeah; Hi! I'm BabyFox1. I consider myself insane to the point where my mind seems to function normally (but it most certainly does not ). I'm a musician and programmer from a small town, which is in some ways good and in other ways bad. Of course, I'm here because I love diapers, and to a point acting like a baby, and this seems like a very kind and welcoming place.

From about 13, I randomly had an interest in GoodNites, completely out of the blue. Over the course of a few days, I decided to take a pull-up from my youngest brother, who was still training. I wore it, and loved it, and from then on is basically just history. Struggles to try and keep a stash of diapers, getting them on my own when my brother was trained, nothing really special. I'm still trying to figure out what pulled me to them in the first place, though. It really just happened out of nowhere.
    I've only told a few extremely close friend about it, and no-one in my family knows.

Anyway, enough about that, onto some other awesomeness!

I'm an electronic (for the most part) musician. Self-trained pianist and guitarist. I played saxophone in my school's band for several years but, due to a lot of trouble caused one year, I no longer do. And due to that, I've lost my ability to really play it with any accuracy whatsoever. I've had one, very brief, piano lesson, which didn't teach me much of anything, and that was not too long ago, and basically went over what I had already known. I'm very good with rhythm, and can in fact keep four beats going at once. I have made music for games and been compensated for it, but I release my music for free.

Beyond that, I'm an indie developer, working in GameMaker (though trying very hard to move into C++/SDL). I've came in 3rd place in a contest recently, working with a partner of mine to produce a puzzle game. It was a tense experience, working late while we both dealt with highly-different lives. But in the end, we came together and the project was well received.

I'm not really sure why I came here. I mean, I guess I could say yes, I'm here for the support, and also because it seems like people here are open-minded and pretty cool. It seems that's the best I can really think to say, though... ^.^'

I hope to somehow help out people using either my insanity or my random factoids of knowledge, or in some other unpredictable way. I really do hope to give my little bits to improve the community any way that I can.

Thank you for taking the time to read my little (or medium o.o) blurb about who I am and why I'm here, I hope we'll have lots of good times to come!

I sense you have other "main sites" and could guess at them... but the main thing is online you can be in several places at once, here, babyfur.me, fa, da, game developer sites, electronic music sites... But disc is where you will find the widest diversity of people who are not narrowly focused and are open to others not EXACTLY like themselves.

You did well to join in the irc. It is a good move toward making the most of your being on disc. Please encourage more fun and friendly foxes to drop by

Thank you for the warm welcome :3
    I do indeed have other 'main' sites, but why I forgot about this place, I'll never know. I'm very glad to be here now, though! It definitely seems like a more open and accepting place.

And, I knew the second I came back, that I'd want to go on irc :3
    I'll pass the word along

I also joined in 2010 but did not post an introduction until this year, good for you for doing so.

I'm very impressed that you taught yourself to play the guitar and piano, that you write music for games, and that you have experience in coding C++. That's a lot to have accomplished at your age!

This is a great community, you should feel very comfortable and welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by DLNS View Post
    experience in coding C++
    This.... Um, I'm afraid I only have very very limited experience ^.^' I'm seriously jumping right into it using what very little I know from trying a while back (mainly cin and cout x.x) and the general programming syntax I've obtained from GameMaker.

And I do more than just for games, silly, I'm an aspiring artist trying to grow :3 If I wasn't so deathly afraid of people connecting this part of me and my bottled-up me, then I'd certainly post links more often x.x (but when I can PM I'll send you something if you wish o.o).

Anyway, thank you as well for your warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Siytron View Post
    ....And I do more than just for games, silly, I'm an aspiring artist trying to grow :3 If I wasn't so deathly afraid of people connecting this part of me and my bottled-up me, then I'd certainly post links more often x.x (but when I can PM I'll send you something if you wish o.o).
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUyig4_IciMmft91dtO3RD0Q-hTB3keQGPToFalo8xW_rHnTzaGw

hi Siytron!

Welcome back to ADISC! I totally understand how anxious you might be feeling in "connecting" with "that part" of you. I was so perplexed when I found out i wasn't "the only one", yet I felt really embarrassed even talking to anyone else who was into this. At least it isn't illegal. In my words, it's just a "alternative clothing preference!" LOL

Anyway welcome back to ADISC, I am a New Yorker (In FL almost 1 1/2 years now) and it's great to see more New Yorkers out and about on ADISC! =)

Can I ask ya, what is your favorite part of Central Park?

http://www.thelunchclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/central_park_river_bridge1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wwetbed View Post
    Anyway welcome back to ADISC, I am a New Yorker (In FL almost 1 1/2 years now) and it's great to see more New Yorkers out and about on ADISC! =)
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wwetbed View Post
    Can I ask ya, what is your favorite part of Central Park?
    I don't live in the city, and have only been there twice (once with my school chorus, once with family), neither time being in central park... D: