View Poll Results: If you watched it, did you even notice it?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 20.83%
  • No

19 79.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middle Finger in Super Bowl Halftime Show

Default Middle Finger in Super Bowl Halftime Show

This is how it aired! (so no censoring, if this is against the rules, please delete the video)
    M.I.A Gives the Middle Finger (HD) during halftime - YouTube

So M.I.A. flipped off the camera in the Superbowl halftime show. For anyone outside the USA, just so you know, that is not allowed to be on network television because it is too 'vulgar'. NBC tried to distort it, but they were a second too late and instead distorted the next scene.

First Question: Did anyone even notice before all the news today?
    Second: Does anyone even care?
    Third: Has anyone liked a superbowl halftime show since Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson or have they all sucked since then?

-------------------------------------------------------------

1. I did not even notice the finger, but i did notice the half a second of distortion right after the finger, because i thought someone messed up and it made me laugh.

2. I could care less, there is a lot more offensive things besides the finger that they do allow on TV that i could be more upset about, but instead of calling the FCC and complaining, i just turn the channel.

3. To be honest, i think the only wardrobe malfunction i was worried about last night was Madonna's face slipping off her scalp. The last three Superbowl halftime shows have been terrible and the whole time i have just been staring at the screen praying for the torture to end and the football to return.

I didn't notice it during the Superbowl and I was watching the half time show on our wide screen. The news said she was also using the F word in her lyrics but no one could understand what she was singing/saying anyway.

What disturbs me about her actions is that it was Madonna's night, and she upstaged Madonna. It's like standing in front of the star when the camera is on them. I'm sure Madonna was pissed. My other thought was that I wondered who assembled the ensemble? Who picks the stars, the dancers, musicians, etc? I think the Superbowl officials bear some responsibility. If they had a country western star for their entertainment, that wouldn't have happened. It didn't even happen with The Who or Prince.

M.I.A. simply showed very low class, professionally. After all, she knew who she was performing for, and that was middle America, moms, dads and kids. So for that I say, Fuck You M. I. A.

Didnt see it, people are over reacting

Its the superbowl halftime show, always has to be drama.

I'm only going to answer one of your list of questions, because I did not watch this year's halftime event.

Prince in 2007 was awesome, putting on a fiery performance on guitar in spite of the pouring down rain.

Not much inspiring since then.

I really thought that Madonna finally looked good (ie not anorexic), but as far as having Nicki Minaj and MIA (ie known for holding their own in a male dominated rap scene), obviously the half-time show creators did not know who they were picking when they thought this up.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Prince in 2007 was awesome, putting on a fiery performance on guitar in spite of the pouring down rain.
    The Rolling Stones were good when they did it a few years back. Ditto for U2.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

I wonder if the blur a second later was due to someone in the control room having an oh shit moment. I can't imagine that since Boobgate, they don't have someone watching the feed with a finger on the technical difficulty button.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    The Rolling Stones were good when they did it a few years back.
    I respectfully disagree, but then I'm biased by the fact that I can count on one hand the number of Rolling Stones songs I can stand to listen to without fighting a gag reflex, and they played none of them that night.

I didn't even notice it to be honest. Even if I had noticed, it wouldn't have bothered me personally, however...

The performers should know what their legal limitations are before doing a big live show like the Superbowl as well. I honestly wonder who she think she is for trying to pull something like that. She should have known full well what the consequences to her actions would've been, especially after the Timberlake/Jackson fiasco. The Superbowl is not the time or place for someone trying to push the envelope and standards. It should've been done in a smaller venue with less broadcast viewers.

I also wonder if the person in charge of bleeping audio/video still has a job after missing the spot where video should've been edited/cut.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    The Rolling Stones were good when they did it a few years back. Ditto for U2.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

I wonder if the blur a second later was due to someone in the control room having an oh shit moment. I can't imagine that since Boobgate, they don't have someone watching the feed with a finger on the technical difficulty button.
    I am pretty sure it was. Because NBC admitted that there was a problem with the delay. So i am guessing they were trying to blur the finger scene, but because the delay was not set correctly the blur happened a second too late. NBC blamed the NFL for hiring the Talent and NFL blamed NBC for missing the blur. But they both apologized because soooooo many people were offended. (a bit of sarcasm there)

Didn't notice it, don't care, nobody would have seen it if the media didn't make a big deal out of it.