Thread: Just bought my first diapers!

Default Just bought my first diapers!

So today I went to the store and bought my first adult sized diapers and let me say I was freaking out the whole time. It felt like everyone was watching my every move and my plan I had planned out didn't work as well because the brand I was going to get wasn't there even though online it showed as being there. So I had to stand there and look for a different brand while acting like I wasn't looking at the adult diaper section haha. Luckily I was able to go through a empty self check out line. It was an interesting experience.

I had a similair experience when buying tena's except when i went to the self checkout lane the package didnt fit on the scale so it didnt let me keep ringing items which lead to an assistant coming over and asking me if i needed help.... haha she then asked if i wanted a large bag haha a bit awkward

Quote Originally Posted by wisealbert View Post
    I had a similair experience when buying tena's except when i went to the self checkout lane the package didnt fit on the scale so it didnt let me keep ringing items which lead to an assistant coming over and asking me if i needed help.... haha she then asked if i wanted a large bag haha a bit awkward
    Yeah that was my fear as I was ringing the diapers up and I would have died if that happened to me, haha.

I remember when I got my first pack ever. Tho it was probably only a few short minutes, it felt like forever.
    I went to shortest line got out of there quick.

I dont think I ever been so nervous buying something as that. Was like heaven when I tried one on tho.

KakashoLin - well done for making it happen. May the pleasure of wearing them now begin!

Ps it gets easier to buy them after the first few times..

Quote Originally Posted by Soakingboy View Post
    KakashoLin - well done for making it happen. May the pleasure of wearing them now begin!

Ps it gets easier to buy them after the first few times..
    Thanks, yeah it will be much less nerve racking next time when I get them, at least I hope so, hahaha.
    Last edited by KakashoLin; 06-Feb-2012 at 01:15.

Congratulations! -victory music- it only gets easier to buy diapers from here on. Eventually you will just stroll into a store head held high and buy a pack of diapers; or most likely order on line, but with pride. Literally I walked into a store browsed for a bit looking for things I may need for school while making my way to the incontinent isle. I pick up my diapers and a few small things like pencils and erasers then made my way to the line. Unfortianetly the line was long, but luckily the lady at the front is a friend of mine. While in line I noticed everyone would glance at me occasionally.the lady in front of me had three children and one seemed to be about 4-5 ish, well that little one comes up to me and asks in the cutesy little voice, but still fairly loud," Why are you buying diapers? Do you wear diapers?" other than the lady checking out and those leaving the store, everybody stopped and looked at me as if my answer was the most important thing in the world. I was initially nervous but I figured what could be the harm of just going with it. I said to the little girl," yes I'm buying diapers, and it's because I like to wear them. Do you wear diapers?" we had a silly conversation and her mother did not think it weird at all. Other than some nasty looks others gave me I was fine, and being truthful felt good. But sometimes a little white lie is necessary just remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnoto View Post
    Congratulations! -victory music- it only gets easier to buy diapers from here on. Eventually you will just stroll into a store head held high and buy a pack of diapers; or most likely order on line, but with pride. Literally I walked into a store browsed for a bit looking for things I may need for school while making my way to the incontinent isle. I pick up my diapers and a few small things like pencils and erasers then made my way to the line. Unfortianetly the line was long, but luckily the lady at the front is a friend of mine. While in line I noticed everyone would glance at me occasionally.the lady in front of me had three children and one seemed to be about 4-5 ish, well that little one comes up to me and asks in the cutesy little voice, but still fairly loud," Why are you buying diapers? Do you wear diapers?" other than the lady checking out and those leaving the store, everybody stopped and looked at me as if my answer was the most important thing in the world. I was initially nervous but I figured what could be the harm of just going with it. I said to the little girl," yes I'm buying diapers, and it's because I like to wear them. Do you wear diapers?" we had a silly conversation and her mother did not think it weird at all. Other than some nasty looks others gave me I was fine, and being truthful felt good. But sometimes a little white lie is necessary just remember that.
    Thanks, thats actually cool that you did that, haha. I wouldn't be brave enough to say that out loud and then carry on a normal conversation afterward like nothing happened. xD