Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating question for you girls

Default Dating question for you girls

So my parents keep telling me that girls like nice guys, the type who listen and are compassionate and actually show emotions and feeling. The ones who respect women and the such.

Now I fall under those rules and for more of what I think look under the are sissy's sexist thread. (I can't seem to get the link to work.)

But I'm curious, is that what a girl wants? Cause I keep getting friend zoned and hated on. A lot of girls are convinced I'm gay because of how well I understand and listen.

I am not one of those guys focused on sex but a calm, understanding, kinda fem but not overly so, nice guy. Yet girls seem to not like me.

Is this what girls like in a guy?

Your parents are right. They are just wrong about the age.
    Teen girls (15-20) , in my experience, want the dangerous, exciting, somewhat forbidden guy!

I think they want (in their hormone riddled brains) whatever their parents DONT want them to have

Sorry to rant, my teenage years was not good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ShortGuy View Post
    Your parents are right. They are just wrong about the age.
    Teen girls (15-20) , in my experience, want the dangerous, exciting, somewhat forbidden guy!

I think they want (in their hormone riddled brains) whatever their parents DONT want them to have

Sorry to rant, my teenage years was not good to me...
    Ueah don't worry about ranting and what not. Mine haven't been good either.

ShortGuy is completely right. Teenage girls want fun and excitement. Sadly, most girls anywhere from 13 to 20-something want nothing but sex and mostly everything that comes before that.

But then there's girls like me that really, genuinely want a nice guy. I want a guy who understands the female mind, is willing to listen to me, and is more concerned with my well-being and feelings rather than screwing me. Now, I'm probably in the minority of girls in my age group that think like this, but we do exist, I swear.

You're only 16, right? That's still high school. You're young, and you'll find that things change with every year older you get. College is especially way different. While some people have even MORE sex in college, you'll find that you're also surrounded by more mature individuals who wish to establish a real relationship based on common interests and real feelings, not just how good the sex is.

But above all, love bites you in the ass when you're not looking for it. So just take things as they are. Que sera, sera - what will be, will be. I find that the more actively you seek someone, the lesser your chances are of finding someone you can form a stable relationship with. Whenever someone is desperate, it's just written all over their face.

All of my likely-discouraging words aside, good luck. There's a somebody for everybody on this planet. You'll find her; I promise.

The other others are right about younger girls wanting the bad-@#$ type. But, as you get older, you will find that more mature women want a man that understands them and can relate to them and their problems. I know it's hard right now for you but take from my experience: the wait is worth it and the right girl will come along. I know you are 16, take it from everyone here, you won't be that age for long.

Girls DO like nice guys. They DO want to date nice guys. No one wants to be put down and left out by their boyfriend. The thing is, since you classify yourself as a "nice guy" you're probably a tad on the shy side. Which is where I think the problem is.

The "bad boys" while they're attractive from far away, most girls (myself included) would rather date a nice guy who isn't going to be a jerk. Because everyone seems to think "Bad Boys" are attractive, they have more confidence. Therefore they are the ones who are willing to to go up to a girl and be like "hey your pretty go out with me" And THAT is why girls date the 'bad boy' type more.

Some advice. DO NOT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE. For anyone. You're young, you WILL find someone who loves you for you and is worth your time. In the mean time, you said your problem is you've been friendzoned a lot. This happens to every single boy. Not just the nice ones. Girls are generally really nervous. They don't usually want to give up someone who is a good friend for someone who might break their heart. You can and will come out of the friendzone eventually. For the time being, STAY THERE. It will show a girl you like that you seriously like her and are willing to be there for her no matter what. Which is something a lot of girls need.

If your issue is that these girls are being mean and picking others over you, It might just be that they don't know you like them. So make sure every once in a while you put it out there that your interested. If you are, and it's still not working, you're probably just picking the really bitchy mean girls. Who are out there. But in that case you don't really want them anyways.

Best of luck!

Thank you all of you. It does make me feel better to know that there are girls that like guys like me.

I had one girl tell me I was perfect except I wasn't popular. (If you just said "WTF!" in your head so did I at the time.)

Yeah I'm really shy. I get nervous around girls if I like them.. If I think of them as a friend it is a lot less awkward but still.

And generally the Bitchy mean girls are the ones I avoid all together. I like nice, girls, those that prefer beautiful over sexy, that sort.

I've thought about dating some this past year but I have never made an attempt to get a girlfriend.. People are too complicated! Guys in high school compete for some girl. Then the girl gets an attitude that she is good shit and won't date anyone not popular. I don't wanna compete, it's stupid! I live in a school of 200- Theres not much room for guys like me who refuse to compete. I just wanna live on my own accord without any obligations. On top of this, I've given up on people. Sorry for my depressing losery post, but it's the best I can contribute.

Remember that nice guy =/= door mat. Keep being nice but just try be more confident and assertive (this change won't happen overnight and it's not like flicking on a light switch but give it time and things may change). Other than that I say just keep looking, not every girl you meet will want to go out with you but one day you may get lucky and find one who will and the good thing about being 16 is that you still have ages to find someone who does

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyNekoGirl View Post
    I had one girl tell me I was perfect except I wasn't popular. (If you just said "WTF!" in your head so did I at the time.)
    What little faith I had in the human race has just died... I think I would probably explode if someone said that to me, with something along the lines of "shallow, egotistical fuckwit bitch" but with some more words spat either side.