Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peach Pear Plum (UK AB/DLs) - Request

Default Peach Pear Plum (UK AB/DLs) - Request

Hello again everyone,

After I seemingly dropped off the face of the earth, I have now returned with a request from anyone brave enough.

Peach Pear Plum is a small family-run company that makes personalised 'natural' cloth diapers for babies. The woman who makes them sources all her own material (even uses given material/patterns from customers) and makes the nappies by hand.

I know one of the girls that works for her and so didn't want to use my own E-Mail, but I really wanted to know if the lady who makes the nappies is willing to make one adult-sized.

You can find the nappies on Facebook as the Peach Pear Plum website only has blankets, bibs and other items on, but includes an E-Mail address.

I presume they will be expensive, the nappies being around 25.00 anyway, but because they look so great I'm willing to buy if she's able to produce one big enough.

I would love to hear back if anyone is successful.

Good luck!

From Ginger.

---------- Post added 12-02-2012 at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was 03-02-2012 at 22:10 ----------

Whether the thread has even been viewed or no one is interested, It's a shame I haven't had a response. Sorry for bothering people.

I did pay the thread a vis when you put it up, and even took a look at the site. I'm not looking for that kind of thing though, so I didn't ask.

I'm also confused, because you say for UK ABDLs in the thread's title, but the company appears to be US based?

Maybe you were on the wrong page, WoodlandWanderer
    Peach Pear Plum Reusable Cloth Nappies - Wall | Facebook
    That is the facebook page for PeachPearPlum Reusable Cloth NAPPIES <---I stress Nappies because it is definitely not a US term. The same with "poppers" we call them "Snaps" over on this side of the big pond!
    I will say this, the "Nappies" (or as we say in North America "Diapers") are adorable! (Even the boy ones) :-D This is my absolute favourite Click image for larger version. 

Name:	407235_297424593650111_179768975415674_885750_119109065_n.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	7666 tho'

As cute as they look, if they are just made larger, they still probably wouldn't be absorbent enough for adults. She would also have to sew in more layers. There are other companies which do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Maybe you were on the wrong page, WoodlandWanderer
    Peach Pear Plum Reusable Cloth Nappies - Wall | Facebook
    That is the facebook page for PeachPearPlum Reusable Cloth NAPPIES <---I stress Nappies because it is definitely not a US term. The same with "poppers" we call them "Snaps" over on this side of the big pond!
    I will say this, the "Nappies" (or as we say in North America "Diapers") are adorable! (Even the boy ones) :-D This is my absolute favourite Click image for larger version. 

Name:	407235_297424593650111_179768975415674_885750_119109065_n.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	7666 tho'
    My apologies then, I searched "peach pear plum" in google which brought up this page: Organic Peach Pear Plum. Which appeared to match the OP's description of the website not having the nappies, only blankets and things.
    Thanks, for the correct link.

How about phoning her instead of emailing?

Thanks for the input guys. I just wanted to air on the side of caution. Unforunately I blush very, very easily and doubt if it was brought up by my friend I would be able to control my embarrassment. I'd have to E-Mail I them I guess. Do you guys think a larger nappy is even possible I didn't consider the absorbant element like Dogboy implied?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I just wanted to air on the side of caution. Unforunately I blush very, very easily and doubt if it was brought up by my friend I would be able to control my embarrassment. I'd have to E-Mail I them I guess. Do you guys think a larger nappy is even possible I didn't consider the absorbant element like Dogboy implied?
    Of course it is possible, it's just a matter of whether this lady will do it or not for you. The best way to find out would be to set yourself up with a specific email account to find out, although if you're practising safer Internet usage then you'll have a separate AB account anyway!

(as An aside, I would thoroughly recommend you do this if you haven't already!)

I'm sure there's a few or these small companies that already make adult sized versions of there baby nappies, bear in mid that just scaling up a pattern designed for babies would end up with a poorly fitting if cute nappy so getting an off the peg nappy might be better than getting one custom made.
    The most noteable company i can think of is Minki and there Continence Care Garments.
    they will also make up custom designs by the sound of the blurb,

We have worked with a number of adults who were frustrated by the lack of choice available , using their experience and needs as a guide , we have produced a range of continence care garments that will suit most requirements, but still offer a bespoke made to measure service for those clients who have the perfect garment in mind ..but cannot find it .

Our Aims

To offer adults with continence problems a choice, and to raise awareness of cloth continence garments as a reliable and user friendly alternative to disposable products.

To produce quality items to suit the needs of our clients

To offer a professional and discreet service

To be able to listen to and discuss the problems and needs of our clients in an open and honest way without any embarrassment.

To continue to research and develop garments using new fabrics and designs to improve their performance.