Thread: Any Diapers still have a plastic backing?

Question Any Diapers still have a plastic backing?

I enjoy wearing and wetting a diaper. I have tried the Tranquility SlimLine and your standard Depends but they all seam to have more of a cloth outer. Does anyone still make a diaper that has more of a noisy, wrinkly plastic backing? Also looking for something that holds a lot of fluid. I like to fill my diaper and have the warm wet squeamishness.

BabyJayk

My new favorite diaper is the Dry 24/7. Its got a plastic backing and if you can fill it up AT ALL then you are quite possibly worlds heaviest wetter. However, they are kinda pricey but really for the money you are getting a really awesome diaper.

I keep Molicare Super Plus stocked now. I used to used Depend Max but now I can order the Molicares for cheaper. They are plastic backed and hold a pretty good amount of fluid. The Molicares tend to be more quiet than the Depends.

to get a quality plastic backed diaper you will likely have to resort to ordering online. however, there are plenty of good options here in the US for such diapers. some are cheaper than others, but all will be better than what you have likely tried thus far. a short list of some that fit your wants that are pretty easily attainable:

Abena
    DryCare
    Unique Wellness
    Molicare
    Bambino
    ABU (AB Universe)
    Secure Personal care
    Tranquility

I'm sure there are others, but these should be plenty enough to get you started. if there are any other obvious brands that I missed feel free to add to that.

The loudest plastic backed diaper you can get in the states are Attends with waistband. The only downside is that the newer versions dont hold near as much as the old versions. The new can hold about 2 full wettings max and leaks can be prevelant after the second.
    Im shocked to hear you say that the tranquility slimline has a cloth typed cover. From my experience, the slimline is a quite noisy diaper as well unless you are wearing the youth version which has a cloth backing.

The slimline isn't cloth backing it is some sort of plastic probably but its more of a cloth/plastic hybrid. I have herd good things of the Attends and will try those out. I guess it doesn't necessarily have to hold a lot as I do like a wet diaper. I actually would prefer a cheaper quality over a high quality one that keeps you dry as I like the wet feeling of a diaper that has absorbed a lot. Also I do like a diaper stye with tabs instead of pull up underwear style. Its nice to be able to change without taking off your shoes and pants. Plus you can get adjust the tightness how you like it.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Memphistoj is this the Attends Waistband one you where talking about. They have a lot of different brief style tabed versions.

Waistband Style Briefs

Yep! Those are the ones. I have tried just about every other diaper out there and i keep coming back to those. They remind me a lot of the pampers in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphistoj View Post
    Yep! Those are the ones. I have tried just about every other diaper out there and i keep coming back to those. They remind me a lot of the pampers in the 80's.
    Thank you for the info.. I will be testing them out after I get back from a trip next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    to get a quality plastic backed diaper you will likely have to resort to ordering online. however, there are plenty of good options here in the US for such diapers. some are cheaper than others, but all will be better than what you have likely tried thus far. a short list of some that fit your wants that are pretty easily attainable:

Abena
    DryCare
    Unique Wellness
    Molicare
    Bambino
    ABU (AB Universe)
    Secure Personal care
    Tranquility

I'm sure there are others, but these should be plenty enough to get you started. if there are any other obvious brands that I missed feel free to add to that.
    And there you have it.

But a word of warning, some of these brands here also have cloth-backed versions. You need to throughly search the description before ordering to prevent spending time and money and end up with cloth-backed diapers. Hints include "Smooth, Cloth-like material", "Breathable cover", and "Underwear look". Before you do anything, do your homework.

Plastic backed diapers you can find in any retail type pharmacy are the Depends Maximum Protection or Depends "Protection" with the orange label.

Enjoy