Thread: My insane relationship malarky.

Default My insane relationship malarky.

So, this is the story of my relationships over the past few years.

During my first year in college, I was away from most of my old friends (one went to the same school as me though) and made a few new ones. Had a few possible romances that never went anywhere.

Halfway through my second year (winter break) is when things got strange. One of my old friends who went to college in Iowa and I started, well...experimenting. I kinda liked it and told him that I'd repay him the favor over the summer (summer 08).

And I did. We fooled around a few times but it never got really serious.

And then the bomb dropped when he told me he was moving (like MOVING moving, not just into a dorm) to Iowa for at least 2 years. Meaning not coming home for winter or summer break, etc.

I was pretty heartbroken when I found out. Now, we still talk online and RP occasionally but every time we do i just end up missing seeing him in person even more.

I need to know that this can be more to him than just fooling around.

What should I do?

if you still can, talk to him. tell him how you feel or see what level his emotions are at. it seems apparent that both of you are very trusting of one another so neither of this should be shocking or at the very least, unexpected.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    if you still can, talk to him. tell him how you feel or see what level his emotions are at. it seems apparent that both of you are very trusting of one another so neither of this should be shocking or at the very least, unexpected.
    That seems to be the only thing you can do right now, Manveru... unless you want to move out there with him!

Just as long as you stay in regular contact, everything should be fine.

Peachy

I would say you should decide soon whether or not you want to try to continue your relationship or return to some degree of "friends" instead - preferably before your partner moves halfway across the country.
    I'Ve seen a fair amount of people breaking up within a long-distance relationship because they've found out they're missing something, or shortly after moving back together, probably because they found that their partner had changed too much during his time of absence.

Peachy