Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it common for non-AB/DLs to have onesies?

Default Is it common for non-AB/DLs to have onesies?

Very curious...I intuitively want to say NO, but I want to hear your opinions or experiences that suggest otherwise!

BabyJayk

FIRST! Lol just kidding.

I think it would help if you define onesie for everyone. For instance I consider onesie to mean like a diaper t-shirt with snaps in the crotch. Where as my fiance considers onesies to be anything that is clothing that comes in one piece (i.e. footed sleepers, coveralls, etc.)

I know of quite a few non-AB/DL's that have footed sleepers. Coveralls of course are common. I have never heard of anyone wearing one of the t-shirt style onesies, except for dancers leotards. That's the only one I can think of. I think American Apparel sells them anyway, but I have never seen someone wear one.

Some people that wear diapers for incontinence use them to keep the diaper from sagging when it's wet. That's the only time I think people would actually use a onesie outside of the AB/DL community.

^ that

I know several non AB/DL people who wear sleepers, not one who wears a onesie - i.e. snap-crotch short sleeve garment.

I know a few IC people who wear onsies to hold up their diapers, beyond that I couldn't comment

The non-ABDL term for a onesie (i.e. a garment that covers your upper body and goes under your crotch), is a body suit. The primary difference is that body suits don't typically have a snap closure in the crotch. They're mostly worn by women, or at least they're mostly designed for women, and they're not terribly uncommon. My mom used to where one when she was a kid. One advantage of wearing a body suit for a non-ABDL is that they prevent plumbers cracks and whale tails when you bend over, and they keep your undershirt from poking out from under your shirt or blouse. Often, body suits are more tight-fitting than onesies; sometimes, they're even designed as shapewear. Example: Bodysuit

iDj

i think onesies and one pieces are getting confused here, onesies are the ones that snap at the crotch, and one pieces are like the full body ones, they (one piece)seem to be coming into fassion, my brother bought one , i've seen many fb pics of people in them... i'd say it is normal and cool to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    i think onesies and one pieces are getting confused here, onesies are the ones that snap at the crotch, and one pieces are like the full body ones, they (one piece)seem to be coming into fassion, my brother bought one , i've seen many fb pics of people in them... i'd say it is normal and cool to buy one.
    Onesie=bodysuit (wikipedia). Bodysuit is just the generic term for a onesie, which is technically a brand. The adult version usually lack snaps (wikipedia). If by "one piece" you mean a one-piece swimsuit, it has a similar form to both, except it's designed for water use (wikipedia).

iDj

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Onesie=bodysuit (wikipedia). Bodysuit is just the generic term for a onesie, which is technically a brand. The adult version usually lack snaps (wikipedia). If by "one piece" you mean a one-piece swimsuit, it has a similar form to both, except it's designed for water use (wikipedia).
    Well thanks for sorting that one out

I have a couple of onesies, like the picture of the baby, from Big Baby Boutique. She produces some very nice ones. I also have a couple of footed jammies from Jumpin' Jammerz. It's not at all uncommon in the AB/DL community to own and wear things like this.