Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Become a Furry?

Question How Did You Become a Furry?

As the title says, how did you become / decide that you wanted to be a furry?

I have identified as a furry for about a year now, and I think I first got interested in it when I met two babyfurs (one of whom is now my amazing boyfriend ) and started poking around the internet. Between ADISC and FurAffinity, I discovered that I really liked the community and the idea of dressing up in a fursuit, which allows you to be you. A few months ago, I bought my first fursuit and have been out in it several times!

I was born with a tail and two kitty ears! Well mentally of course :P
    (in other words, I always have been, even before I knew such a thing existed)

Well, i met a good friend on Adisc that goes by Goodnites11 and i commented several times that his avatar was just so adorable and he introduced me to Furaffinity, and the rest is history, albeit rather recent history. I identified as a monkey fur, because i am very energetic and playful and loved to climb as a kid. Plus it is more original, there are not very many monkey furs out there. I've only been furry now for a few months. I say that LilMonkeyAlex has the same birthday as real-life Alex, so August.

I knew what a furry was for a while but I never really took Much notice, but with all the furries on here I started to get curious, so I had a bit of a look around the community, made a fursona (or 2 :P), joined a furry forum and had a look around at a convention. Now I'm starting to get the hang of anthro art and I'm building a fursuit

While I've only recently openly admitted that I am furry, I always dreaming of being an animal since I was very young. The origin of my fursona is Pinocchio. It's kinda funny how through the whole movie he's trying to become a real boy but when I watch it I always dreamed that I wasn't. Yes, my fursona is a donkey. I can't remember at what age I made the transition in my mind but it stuck with me all through growing up.

SkarTiger

The start of me becoming a furry was I think i was always fond of playing animals in drama like i played rudolph in my year 4 christmas play and im good at making animal sounds and i was particuarlly interested in cats.
    Cats are amazing in my eyes, they're smart and have super fast reflexes and my fursona is a tiger i've drawn tonnes of art but i dont have a fursuit, im not even sure my parents even like me being a furry
    AnakinFurlover

well, i actually got into being a furry on this site, about 2 years ago.
    i was mostly lurking around, and this idea of a Babyfur intrigued me.

one thing led to another, and i eventually joined furaffinity as a member of the community

PullupKid

I just loved animals, and always thought it would be cool to be a wild animal. Now I can! Somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheWriter View Post
    While I've only recently openly admitted that I am furry, I always dreaming of being an animal since I was very young. The origin of my fursona is Pinocchio. It's kinda funny how through the whole movie he's trying to become a real boy but when I watch it I always dreamed that I wasn't. Yes, my fursona is a donkey. I can't remember at what age I made the transition in my mind but it stuck with me all through growing up.

My God JackTW, I used to have the same dream when I was little, years before you, and I too got some sort of sexual stimulation from being a donkey in the dream. Even more weird, it was like I was forced to be the donkey, like Pinocchio, and it was the same feeling as when I would have diaper dreams, and forced to wear diapers and be a baby. Do you think it's the New Jersey water? At the time I lived in Bayville, N. J.

I always loved fuzzy little animals. Whenever I would watch a Disney movie, I would act out the protagonist's role for weeks on end, I'm sure much to my parents' chagrin.

While I had a furry side, it never got much attention until I came upon Furry Jade Fox's site and his art piqued my interest. I was just starting to get a hang of this AB 'thing' and the addition of a furry aspect just seemed to click.

I was hooked and the rest is history. ^^