Thread: Diapers on a cruise.

Default Diapers on a cruise.

My wife and me are going on a cruise in a few weeks and i am a bed wetter so i want to take diapers to use at night, I just don't know how to dispose of them and how to hide them. I have never been on a cruise before so i don't know what to expect.

Make sure the captain knows how to do his job would be my first bit of advice given recent events.

Beyond that I really don't see how it's any different from staying at a hotel. Since you're married and you wet the bed, I assume your wife knows and therefore you aren't hiding them from her.

If you're concerned about housekeeping staff, just keep your diapers in your luggage and dispose of them in the usual manner. Maybe bring along some extra plastic bags and tie them up individually so that the attendant doesn't make contact with a used diaper, but other then that I don't think you need to be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    Make sure the captain knows how to do his job would be my first bit of advice given recent events.
    Yea, make sure the captain doesn't "accidentally" fall into a life raft.

All the other stuff Natesean said, pretty much hit the target right on.

Yep, no different then staying at a hotel. We just got back from a bed and breckfast, pretty much no hiding it there. My wife needed to do my top bed covers and plastic pants two times during the week, she made me do it once for for the humilliation of it. Why does it do that to me and not her? Made it through with no problems, and the owners never said a word.

Big difference to staying in a hotel - in hotel you can dispose of in waste bins in the street but not on a ship

Quote Originally Posted by MrKittyKat View Post
    Yea, make sure the captain doesn't "accidentally" fall into a life raft.
    Now that's funny!

Just like what has already been said, having diapers on a cruise is no different than a hotel. I usually found a public trash receptacle and took my used diapers there at either late in the night or early morning. You know, with fewer people around to see or ask questions!

Quote Originally Posted by RH1979 View Post
    Now that's funny!

Just like what has already been said, having diapers on a cruise is no different than a hotel. I usually found a public trash receptacle and took my used diapers there at either late in the night or early morning. You know, with fewer people around to see or ask questions!
    You shouldn't need to do even that. Any half-decent cruise line should be used to dealing with special medical needs. Just let them know in advance, and they should be able to help you. They might even loan you a sanitary bin.

"accidentally" fell into a life raft
    That's an actual quote directly from the captain himself, yes that's on his actual police report, I can see why some people are pissed at him.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    Maybe bring along some extra plastic bags and tie them up individually so that the attendant doesn't make contact with a used diaper, but other then that I don't think you need to be concerned.
    What he said...Not like the housekeeping people will say a damn to you about it if they enjoy their jobs...Just wrap them up, as usual. I don't even know why I read this thread.