Thread: Being Bi Sex

Warly

Default Being Bi Sex

Okay... So I have had to deal with liking nappies for most of my younger life, and NOW I might like guys. What should I do? I really wanna get with a guy, but I am to scared and my world (friends) would never except me for being that way ... I still like girls, so this probably makes me Bi. Can anyone give me some advice on this?! What should i do ???

Much love

There was a scientist named Dr.Kinsey and he researched sex back when it was a very taboo subject. Anyway he developed a scale called the kinsey scale (Kinsey scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) If I understand it correctly, it is a scale from 0-6, 0 being straight and 6 being gay. People will move around this scale within 1 or 2 numbers throughout their lives. I am bi and it is not something that is easy to deal with sometimes. When I first figured out I was bi I found this scale very interesting. If your someone can't accept you for liking men then they are just ignorant. Start by telling someone you really trust. People are a lot more accepting than you might think.

Hope this helps.

it's never a black and white answer or solution...
    just because you think you like guys, it doesn't mean you want to have "gay" sex etc..
    now to clarify, i consider myself as bi - so i do have some "experience" in this matter

firstly let me say, i have never had actual intercorse with a guy, though i have been in the company of guys several times, (played around some etc) particularly when dressed fem, and at the time it felt totally normal with no uncomfortable feelings etc.

everyone is different, we all have to find our own way.
    The important thing is to never be forced into a situation where you feel uncomfortable, no matter who your partner is.
    Visit lots of forums (like here) to get as many views and ideas as possible and chat here (amoungst friends) to get a broader understanding.

If you are keen to be with a guy, chat with them lots before any such meeting is held, and make sure he understands that you are new to the scene and that you want to take it really slowly. Be totally open, he should respect your wishes, make sure there is no pressure on you and that there is always the option to quit for you.

naturally it could go either way, you may have found your way, or maybe not, but never feel bad for considering the alternatives, and no matter what happens - always play safe.

good luck with your search,

Warly

Thanks for the comments guys much love

Same thing happened to me. I was straight until I was 21. Then I became bi over the course of a couple of weeks/months. It was really weird. Now I'm mostly gay actually, but it might change back sooner or later. I've been dating a transguy (born female, but male in all other ways), that works for me too, so I guess I am pansexual. Just go with the flow, don't fight it. Your sexuality changes, that doesn't mean you can change your sexuality. Enjoy being bi - it gives you a larger selection of potential partners :-)

I would say, "Look inward, and look how your heart feels" If you like guys so what ? you might have to live a split personality to make it work. The main thing is to be honest with yourself and be happy with how you feel inside. Love yourself and others will love you.
    I am perhaps lucky with being gay, that kinda reduces the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by kabom View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I was straight until I was 21. Then I became bi over the course of a couple of weeks/months. It was really weird.
    I was the same way except I was a bit older, around 25 when I finally accepted who I was and what I wanted.

I am female and I have only had sex with another female with a male in the room. I get panic attacks if I think of being in an alone situation with another female without a male presence in the room. But I do find women attractive, so I would consider myself socially bi.

You have to look at what makes YOU happy. Get to know someone as a friend, if you have an interest to move forward with that person then speak to him or her and together you both move in that direction. Regardless if it is only for sex, short/long term relationship or an online relationship, communication with yourself and with the other person is the key to everyone being on the same page and happy.

If you do find you would like to move further into dating the opposite sex, be honest with yourself that you are curious, and be true to the other person as you are inexperienced. Have fun getting to know who you are, do not beat yourself up. Do not let what others say about you effect how you feel, you are making you happy. (ok maybe the other person you are with as well). Ultimately if you are not happy with yourself how can you make someone else happy?

If you are bi, then be proud and stand up for what you believe in.

Good luck, you will find your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Warly View Post
    Okay... So I have had to deal with liking nappies for most of my younger life, and NOW I might like guys. What should I do? I really wanna get with a guy, but I am to scared and my world (friends) would never except me for being that way ... I still like girls, so this probably makes me Bi. Can anyone give me some advice on this?! What should i do ???

Much love
    This sounds spot on like what happened to me, except it happened when I was about 11-12. You've already received great advice so I won't bombard you with stuff, but follow your heart!

I've struggled with this because I want a normal family with a wife and kids, but the idea of having a male lover seems so much more appealing in the long run. You have to make that choice before you marry either one though, because you can't marry a woman and have kids, then decide you want to be gay later on. That's not fair to your family.

However, what you do before you actually lock yourself down with marriage is entirely up to you, and I encourage you to explore your feelings to find out what the right choice is for you. Doesn't mean you have to go around telling people you're bi. That could cause more harm than help. Just be aware of what you are and don't get caught up labelling yourself (or letting others label you). You are who you are and nothing nor no one can change that. Just be yourself!

Catperson

There is nothing wrong with being bisexual. You only have one life, don't spend it trying to make other people think you're "normal". Why would you want to be boring and average anyway? If people don't like you for it, they're not people who are worthy of knowing you.

There's no guarantees that you're bisexual or anything, but it's perfectly okay if you are. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with experimenting.