Thread: Quick Q For Aussie ADISC Members

Default Quick Q For Aussie ADISC Members

The group known as "The Seekers", are they all still living? I love their music, much of it dates to my teen years, and have been listening to some of their past performances on Youtube. The group reunited in Australia in 1993 for the first time in 25 years. Judith Durham has performed as late as 2007 at the age of 65 from a video I watched this evening. Her voice still sounded as good as it did when she was 26 in 1968 at their final performance. I was wondering if the other three members are still alive today and whether they have been doing any other performances together with Judith. I sure hope they are. I could listen to them sing all night...

~Pramrider

EmeraldsAndLime

Oh wow... I had to check YouTube just to double-check who they were. Haven't heard that name in a long, long time...

The members are still living, even those who were with the band outside the well-known line-up. (Judith Durham, Bruce Woodley, Keith Potger, Athol Guy). I heard that the The Seekers have ceased performances altogether.
    Last edited by EmeraldsAndLime; 06-Sep-2008 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    The members are still living, even those who were with the band outside the well-known line-up. (Judith Durham, Bruce Woodley, Keith Potger, Athol Guy). I heard that the The Seekers have ceased performances altogether.
    Thanks Lukie! I looked on Judith Durham's website - Judith Durham - The Official Web Site - and saw where the whole group went to the 2008 ceremonies inducting Rolf harris into the ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association) Hall of Fame. Rolf's hit song, "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" is another I remember from my teen years. It made it pretty high on the charts over here from what I recall.

~Pramrider

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Rolf's hit song, "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" is another I remember from my teen years. It made it pretty high on the charts over here from what I recall.
    That song's a laugh and a half.