View Poll Results: Do you identify as a sissy or little girl?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sissy

10 19.61%
  • Little Girl

19 37.25%
  • Both

18 35.29%
  • Neither

4 7.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you identify as a sissy or a little girl? Is there a difference?

crazykittensmile

Default Do you identify as a sissy or a little girl? Is there a difference?

The introduction of a new forum, and thus the new collection of threads surrounding sissies and LGs, has got me thinking more about how I identify not only as an adult baby, but as an adult little girl.

I identify very much as a little girl, rather than a sissy, partly because I am female and until today it didn't really occur to me that a female could perhaps identify as a sissy (could they?), but more-so because I am not interested in any of the parts of being a sissy (fancy clothing, female-gender stereotyping, humiliation/domination etc) that I associate (rightly or wrongly) with being a sissy.

I identify very much as a little girl, rather than a sissy, partly because I am female and until today it didn't really occur to me that a female could perhaps identify as a sissy (could they?), but more-so because I am not interested in any of the sides I associate (rightly or wrongly) with being a sissy (fancy clothing, female-gender stereotyping, humiliation/domination etc). I am very much a little girl when I play and my gender is not unimportant, however it is not something that needs to be specifically focused on, but is more something that will come to show itself in the way I present myself and the things I am drawn to over a long period of time.

Anyway, this has also got me thinking about the differences between being a 'sissy' and being a 'little girl.' In simple terms I thought that perhaps a sissy could just be described as a male who plays as a little girl, and a little girl as a female who plays as a little girl. However, I know that some males identify as little girls as well as or instead of sissies, and the recent discussions surrounding gender on the forums have caused me to further reflect on the differences. I also wonder whether a female could also be a sissy; is being a sissy determined by gender, by a set of behaviours, by a way of thinking, a combination of them all or something else entirely?

Although usually when somebody says they identify as a sissy I assume them to be male, I also assume other things about the person which the term 'sissy' conjures up for me ; sissies are dressed in very fanciful clothing, with an abundance of satin, bows, frills, lace and petticoats. They are dressed in dresses that would now be viewed as old-fashioned and quaint; impractical Sunday-best type clothing which must be kept clean and is suited to quiet activities. When a sissy role-playing the fact that they are a girl is very important and should be high-lighted in the role-play, and they should be encouraged (often forced) to stick to female-gender stereotypes (regarding clothing, toys, activities, behaviour etc). I also link humiliation, domination and punishments such as spankings alongside being a sissy, and again I see these themes as things which should be built into the role-play so that the sissy feels degraded in light of her gender. A sissy likes to be reminded of their gender at every opportunity. I am aware all of these 'statements' may not be correct, but these are the things I sort of assume when I think of somebody being a sissy.

On the other hand I see a little girl as a person (male or female) who plays as a little girl, but who doesn't conform to old-fashioned gender stereotypes and is far more like little girls today. Little girls who may like to wear pink and play with dolls, but who equally might like to climb trees in a pair of worn denim shortalls. Whilst identifying as a little girl, rather than a boy, may hold some importance and somewhat modify how one would like to be treated or act during role-play there is more fluidity regarding the clothing, toys, activity and behaviour that might be built into this. As I said, gender may not be unimportant and some gender stereotypes may be played to (eg: preferring to play with dolls than trucks or choosing to wear a pink filled dress) but they may also at times be broken and/or ignored completely. Whilst humiliation/ dominance/ punishment might feature within role-play for some gender is not highlighted as a main basis or reason for this treatment. (eg: humiliated after an accident for being a 'little baby' rather than a 'little baby girl'). That said, I still see gender as important for somebody who identifies specifically as a 'little girl' and certain gender-stereotypes to be played to (in the way that I think much of AB-play revolves around our perceptions and stereotypes of ourselves and others as infants), but the gender-play is less restrictive and leaves room for stereotypes to be broken from time to time.

These are just my personal stereotyped views on the differences between sissies and little girls, something which I haven't overly considered before, and I recognise that my views might be somewhat blinkered and misinformed and differ greatly from the views of others. I would be interested to hear other's views, and especially whether you identify as a sissy or a little girl (or both/neither), and why.

What do you think to be the differences, if there are any, between the two terms?

I would agree with you very much, and although I have a transgender/"crossdreamer" element in my ABDL, I'm an "LG" rather than a sissy, because I'm comfortable with being a gender nonconformist anyway, so being girly is just another way of being for me.

I'm a sissy and an LG. I i.d. As a girl irl. But I am a guy. I am also into BDSM so the sissy stuff does have a little to do that.
    I think I agree wih you for the most part. But girls can be sissies as well it is the same as a male sissy. They are into frilly clothing. It may be a little less focus on humiliation but the same over all.

I think you hit the nail on the head babyjess! I'm mostly a DL with a very active imagination (and male parts), but the AB part of me is a little girl. Granted, that little girl is wearing bright pink with matching accessories, but she isn't being sexualized with satin and lace. I'm wearing what I am because I want to look like a little girl that was dressed up by her parents and not someone that is being emasculated. And although I don't get off on being degraded, the personal injustice of being told I should take a break from potty training reminds how old I really am.

Finally, I like to tussle, so don't pull on my hair!

I also drew from fifigal's definition.

I call myself both a sissy and an LG, since the definition really depends on my mood. When it comes to just normal, everyday relaxing and snuggling, I'd call myself a little girl. But if I want to be embarrassed, moving towards the kinkier side of things, I'd call myself a sissy.

I have learned to play the role of a man in quite a convincing manner, but deep down, at the core, I am a little girl.

I agree with you BabyJess. The way I saw the difference is like you and Ashley said, someone who is a sissy is more in it for the fanciful frills and humiliation and punishment part of it, where a little girl wants to be just that, a cute well-behaved, little girl, and to be treated as such.

For the most part I consider myself a Sissy, I very much enjoy the fanciful frills, humiliation & punishment BabyJessi mentioned. But I also enjoy dressing cute, being well behaved, being held close and told how good a little girl I am. But it's not as big a part of me as my Sissy side.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    The introduction of a new forum, and thus the new collection of threads surrounding sissies and LGs, has got me thinking more about how I identify not only as an adult baby, but as an adult little girl.
    What you're describing is more like an adult baby though. Since you're female, the "girl" part seems simply like a representation of your physical state and less that of a role you play from what you describe. The role sounds very much like "baby". In today's world where gender roles are becoming increadingly meaningless I'd expect more and more babies to be exposed to influences from both genders, i.e. helping in the kitchen as much as climbing trees or jumping mud puddles. Especially in babies under the age of 2 or 3, gender is completely pointless for purposes other than diaper changes. Babies of any sex run through the same processes of exploring the world, and as long as the parents do not provide only gender-specific toys and clothes I would expect babies to be mostly gender neutral. They don't are blissfully unaware of society's (possibly outdate) expectations to the behavior of different sexes. Any differences would be purely genetic (as I do believe nature has instilled differences in the two sexes beyond those necessary for the reproductive process).

As such, I can understand sissies or "little girls", but not sissy babies. The decision to put a baby into girlish looking clothing and to assign them certain tasks/ideas that society considers stereotypically female is purely in the discretion of the parent/caretaker. The baby itself shouldn't care either way, so there can't really be any "sissy babies". "Sissy" can only start at an age where the toddler has been exposed and grasps stereotypes or typical role models exhibited by society.

In other words: I'm not entirely sure people strictly following the role of a baby can identify with a gender, or the opposite gender. There was to be a component in there that belongs to the role of someone beyond the age of a toddler, such things babyjess mentioned (frilly dresses, domination, humiliation etc.). And if babyjess has no interest in such things, she can't really be a sissy, simply a baby who needs extra absorbency in the center of the diaper and should never be wiped clean back to front (yay for parenting books )

Peachy

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    What you're describing is more like an adult baby though. Since you're female, the "girl" part seems simply like a representation of your physical state and less that of a role you play from what you describe. The role sounds very much like "baby". In today's world where gender roles are becoming increadingly meaningless I'd expect more and more babies to be exposed to influences from both genders, i.e. helping in the kitchen as much as climbing trees or jumping mud puddles. Especially in babies under the age of 2 or 3, gender is completely pointless for purposes other than diaper changes. Babies of any sex run through the same processes of exploring the world, and as long as the parents do not provide only gender-specific toys and clothes I would expect babies to be mostly gender neutral. They don't are blissfully unaware of society's (possibly outdate) expectations to the behavior of different sexes. Any differences would be purely genetic (as I do believe nature has instilled differences in the two sexes beyond those necessary for the reproductive process).
    To some extent I suppose you are right, much of how I play is very much just as a baby/toddler and gender is not an important part of it. But then equally some gender stereotypes are important; I would be disappointed, were I to have a caretaker, to find my wardrobe full of unisex outfits and my toybox full of unisex toys. I want to be dressed in pink and in cute dresses, pinafores, collared rompers, sunsuits etc, at least some or most of the time. I also think my little side is quite stereotypically girly, in that she likes dolls and baby animals and has no interest in cars or anything mechanical, however, like I said there is room for fluidity. I do definitely identify as a little girl, the gender is important (although not central) to who that little side is. I guess though that the blurs do have to be somewhat defined when we talk about and compare females who play as little girls and males who play as little girls and perhaps the importance of gender differs between us. I had never considered whether my gender was important or not, I guess because the gender of my little side and adult self match, and as such there is no worry that it will not be taken into account as the assumption is always that I am playing as a girl. I guess where adult self and little self do not match perhaps there is more reason to exaggerate gender-stereotypes to enforce the idea of gender, which I suppose might go some of the way towards explaining sissy role-play.